HybridZ

100mpg Engine builder ?

Canadianz

Hey guys, wondered if anyone knew anything about this guy or what he is building ? Apparently he has a manufacturing facility ? Sounds like a scam to me ...http://www.hp2g.com/homeofhp2g.html Here is the site. On the site it says the engine he is building is good for 400hp or so and can get 100mpg.

The "Revenge Verde" they're making looks an awful lot like hmmmm... say, a Factory Five GTM.

All the news reports on the motor brag about 400hp, which is a lot in my mind, but thats at the flywheel so I'm not really wowing so much other than the fuel efficiency.

Is it possible? I'd say so. Likely? Not really.

I can see the potential to make a 100mpg vehicle, but engine transplant alone into a vehicle like a fox body mustang or a GTM seems unlikely.

But let's consider this - A lot of fuel economy comes down to two main factors, friction loss and air mixture. The brake specific fuel consumption also makes a big difference but I've seen "efficient" engines that span the range on that one.

If you built an engine to a high RPM race quality build it would reduce friction a ton. Removing as much weight from the pistons and then crankshaft and rods in conjunction while putting a low friction coating on the pistons would go a long way to reducing friction.

We also know he's running E85, and almost guaranteed some form of aftermarket EMS. E85 can run much higher compression, and is also much more tolerant to mixture changes.

Considering there's guys out there getting 60mpg with nothing more than lightly modified civics and highly modified driving styles, I could see a efficiency minded V8 build with the right driver getting 100mpg.

But it still seems far fetched to model a business around. EPA standards are EPA standards. As soon as one of his cars goes through all it's certifications the truth will be revealed. My biggest concern is that there was so little information on his site as to why his engines can reach 100mpg while having decent power numbers. Most of the companies out there pushing the limits are glad to at least talk shop a bit and share the basis of their ideas.