HybridZ

Fittings for Walbro pumps

madkaw

Well I decided to replace my pump with a Walbro since everyone seems to like these pumps on this site. My stocker is bad(I believe), so I went with the upgrade/replacement. I ordered from Summitt because they have locations in the Midwest and I figured delivery would be a day faster. The problem is that summitt doesn't carry the fittings for these pumps since they are metric thread. Since this is going back in a stock application on my 81zxt, I don't want to reinvent the wheel, I just want to hook back up to the stock hoses. The only place I saw the proper fittings was at the actual Walbro site, but they don't answer their phone, or return calls. I ordered there fittings with paypal on their site and now I will only hope I get the fittings? Does anyone know where I can get the proper fittings besides Walbro incase they fall thru. I called my local Napa, but they said they didn't have the metric thread fitting. Now I wish I bought a different brand pump with NPT fittings.

What kind of fittings are you looking for? Here's one from Summit right here, made by Russell Performance...

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=RUS-670480&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Also look up an industrial supply store. They should sell all kinds of fittings. That's where I got mine from.

I thought the pump came with M10 to 3/8" hose barb?

Nigel

'73 240ZT

The ad doesn't specify whether the pump comes with fittings or not. 3/8 fittings would not work for a zxt stock application. Stock is an 1/2" and 1/4" fittings. I believe I will have to get some adapter fittings to go from metric to NPT. Walbro has yet to return a phone call:icon8::frown:

Well, you may not get fittings that allow you to connect your pump directly to the existing lines. But it's not that hard to come up with a few adapters to make it work. BTW, I'm pretty sure it's 5/16" output on the pump, not 1/4".

Nigel

Your right, it's 5/16" and 1/2" inlet. If you look at the Walbro site they have the 12mm and 8mm barbed fitting, but damn if they will answer their phone. I ordered the fittings and I can only hope they send them since they don't answer their phone. If not I will find some adapter fittings to go to NPT. It's never just cut and dry-is it?

Here's another place:

http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php?shop=&dept=Metric

And the stock outlet is actually 5/16" (or very close to it, I'd bet both in/out on the stock pump are metric sizes as well).

anplumbing is a great site, I've ordered hundreds worth of stuff for our mini-baja car from them. If you can't find what you're looking for call them, there's a good chance they'll have it.

I actually called the Walbro headquarters since I wasn't having any success contacting anyone and would NOT recommend walbrofuelpumps.com or expressfuel pumps. Come to find out they have no affiliation with Walbro, just a vendor. Walbro-which is called something else now and I can't remember-gave me the number to VE peterson in Ohio-1-800-537-6212 and they sell all the hardware kits and fittings. They have the exact size 12mm and 9mm bundy fitting to fit the stock line on a 280zx.

I actually called the Walbro headquarters since I wasn't having any success contacting anyone and would NOT recommend walbrofuelpumps.com or expressfuel pumps. Come to find out they have no affiliation with Walbro, just a vendor. Walbro-which is called something else now and I can't remember-gave me the number to VE peterson in Ohio-1-800-537-6212 and they sell all the hardware kits and fittings. They have the exact size 12mm and 9mm bundy fitting to fit the stock line on a 280zx.

I used to buy Walbro's from VE Peterson by the dozen at a time when I ran a speed shop. They have always done a good job for me.