HybridZ

Bad Clutch?

I parked her yesterday, then moved her like a half an hour later, I got it into reverse, kinda. Got it back into first,kinda, then nothing. Just goes all the way to the floor, so i had to drive her back home no clutch to take a look, i dont know much in the clutch department, but it does appear to move something when i press the clutch in, kinda lost here, but is it a linkage or something?

Sounds like you've lost your hydraulic fluid....most likely cause is a bad slave cylinder, but it could also be a broken line or a bad master cylinder. Check the fluid level in the master; if it's low then top it off, then pump it and then check all three parts for leaks. Chances are you will find visible leakage at the slave.

jeez I just noticed we're neighbors. You join the CT zcar club yet? What kind of car do you have?

Yeah does it come back if you pump it a few times. It's not uncommon on older clutches to have cylinder failure. You can rebuild most of them for under 20 bucks, or replace for under 40. Fortunately there are still some parts that are inexpensive.

phar

Slave cylinders can be found at your local big box Auto retailer for $16 or $17 and they have a lifetime warranty. Most AutoZones will have them in stock.

It has two bolts and is located on the bottom of the tranny on the passenger's side.

I can swap slaves in about 10 minutes after doing it so many times :)

Just get someone to pump the pedal while you bleed it and you will be good to go.