HybridZ

Painting my wheels opinions/ideas

Its definitely great stuff. It works really well with the lexan RC car bodies. I also doubt it will harm metal. The only downside is $25 for 32 oz, and you need 2 or 3 coats otherwise paint will seep through it. This is probably why its only used on small things like RC cars, planes, etc. Still for something like a wheel, it could be reasonable.

Its definitely great stuff. It works really well with the lexan RC car bodies. I also doubt it will harm metal. The only downside is $25 for 32 oz, and you need 2 or 3 coats otherwise paint will seep through it. This is probably why its only used on small things like RC cars, planes, etc. Still for something like a wheel, it could be reasonable.

My thoughts exactly!!

I think I would save my money and do the paint job on the car first. I think it's stupid to have some sweet wheels bolted to a car with needy paint and body work. Your priorities are not in order. Here come the flames...

Needy paint job and body work = Sleeper :mrgreen:....But I have to agree with some points here. You can spend that money else where if you plan to have a shop do it as the price will vary depending on how you want it done. If you do it yourself all it takes is time and it be a lot cheaper.

I had Wheel Techniques (SIK Industries) black chromed my intake manifold and 2 pipes...Cost almost $300 bucks.. So you can get an idea of what it cost.

IMO if you really wanted to do it, do it yourself to save as much money as possible for a paint job or other goodies. Doesn't seem like you really like the rim and you'll replace it in the future. So don't waste a lot of money on them. Another option is go to the junk yard to find some nice mesh wheels and then call it a day.