HybridZ

I hate ebay snipers!!!

Horatio

Alright, which one of ya'll just sniped my roll bar??!:evil: I had it at 3 seconds then someone jumped in and snagged it!! $350 MSA roll bar that I had for $100!! Guess it's time for me to join in and get the software! Can't beat 'em, join 'em!!:mrgreen:

I actually bid on a boost controller and someone bid on it the next day. I didn't think anything of it until I noticed there were three other listings for the same item and two were expiring earlier than the one I bid on. I think it's the person listing it or someone he knows trying to bid the price up. I guess I need to sharpen my sniper skills too. Paranoid? Maybe.

The only way you can get bargains on ebay anymore is bid on them at the last minute. I have seen used items almost sell for new prices because of guys getting bid crazy. I am looking for a welder right now and I see them sell for almost store prices all the time.

Ebay snipers dont work if you put in what your prepared to pay for it

If you were happy to go to 200 then you just put in 200 and there snipe pushes you up but they dont win

Sniping, for me, is to prevent guys from getting obsessed with winning. They end up paying more than they think they wanted to. They'll set their highest bid at $100 for something and, if they get outbid with plenty of time left, they rethink it with their new "need to win" adrenaline.

In a way, I'm saving them money!

I wait about 10 sec and then I put the highest bid that I'm willing to pay.

EBAY TIP.

Say there is something that someone put a bid of $100. Wait until like 30 sec and place your top bid that you are willing to pay. Ebay will automatically bid the next bid higher than the winning bid.

So if the other bidder put $125 and the winning bid is $100, When you put, say $150. It ebay will automatically bid to the next highest, like $125.25 or something like that.

Thats how I win all my auctions :P

I wait about 10 sec and then I put the highest bid that I'm willing to pay.

Maybe I need to clarify my disgust! I had put in the largest amount I was willing to pay. What urked me was the feeling at three seconds out that I had stolen this thing, only to find out someone had stolen it from me!!!

No hard feelings against the guy who won. He was willing to pay more than me so he won it "fairly"(????).:icon56:

I had figured $150 was the max I would pay for one of those roll bars. I think MSA is robbing folks charging $350 for their least expensive one. I'll bet their shipping for that thing is thru the roof as well. You'd end up paying over $400 for it!

I figure I can get a hoop and weld on some straight pieces for a heck of a lot less than $400!!

Maybe I need to clarify my disgust! I had put in the largest amount I was willing to pay. What urked me was the feeling at three seconds out that I had stolen this thing, only to find out someone had stolen it from me!!!

Most likely, the other person put a higher max bid than you :P

Most likely, the other person put a higher max bid than you :P

No, cause I had it won 3 seconds out. If he had put in a higher bid then it would have outbid me immediatley when I put my highest bid in at around one minute.

Snipe software will bid at the very last second so there's no way I can counter bid.

Not really "fair" in my opinion since i'm willing to sit in front of my computer in order to win the thing.

Just sucks for me.

Like I said... may be time to get the software!

I think this is the first time i've ever been sniped though.

All that is saying is that he placed another bid, it isn't necessarily a sniper. That is how I bid all of the time. Just as others have said, you simply wait to place your max bid with the least amount of time left. With this tactic you are more likely to have achieved the highest bid (as long as the current bidder has a lower max) and it gives others no time to respond to your attack. :)

All that is saying is that he placed another bid, it isn't necessarily a sniper. That is how I bid all of the time. Just as others have said, you simply wait to place your max bid with the least amount of time left. With this tactic you are more likely to have achieved the highest bid (as long as the current bidder has a lower max) and it gives others no time to respond to your attack. :)

That's what I did! Placed my max bid of $150 within a minute of the end of the auction. No other bids after mine. I had it won at $102 (refreshed page continuously) with three seconds left to go. Waited my three seconds, hit the refresh page again and, BLAM... someone else had won for $152.50!

So, you're telling me that within the last three seconds someone countered my offer, knowing my max bid, and within nano seconds had the auction won??:icon56:

Sounds more like a snipe to me... guess it's possible though:mrgreen:

Suppose it could have been blind luck on his part to counter my offer just above $150... and, he could have just happened to get it in seconds before the end of the auction...

Isn't that what sniping software does??

Sniper software CAN do that, I'm just saying that you can also do it manually. I often bid at 5 seconds or less. Also, the person doesn't have to know your max. All they have to have is a max higher than yours and eBay will put in a bid higher than yours (if theirs is higher) at the next minimum bid interval.

But yes, they got you good.

Can never understand why some people bid days before the due date, all that really does is alert others that they have some competition. Best to do nothing until the last minute and so avoid bidding wars that may get unrealistic.

Yeh I enter the highest price I will pay, if someone wants to go higher then good luck to them. Sometimes I snipe, sometimes I get sniped, its all good clean intrawebs fun :)