HybridZ

77 ballast resistor part number please

i got a 77 280z for bascaily getting the thing running and driving it home but it came with some fun problems and parts missing but things happen. anyways i seem to have a house outlet box wired into my dizzy, coil and some sensors on the drivers side. before i had spark and it was fuel that kept it from running but now its spark. anyone have a part number for this thing so i can get one or do i have to hardwire it in because their was no ballast resister. sorry its long thanks for your time and advice

This is what I found on Rockauto...

1977 NISSAN 280Z 2.8L 2753cc L6 MFI (H) [L28E] : Ignition : Ignition Coil

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # UF10

Choose: [Regular Inventory -- Full Mfr. Warranty] ($37.79)[Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty] ($14.88)

$14.88 $0.00 $14.88

AIRTEX Part # 5C1017

Exc. Calif.

$23.79 $0.00 $23.79

ACDELCO Part # E571C {#89057910}

COIL,IGN 12 VOLTS, USED W/ EXTERNAL RESISTOR SYSTEMS

* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 5 business days

$35.79 $0.00 $35.79

I don't see a resister listed

I found this also

http://www.jegs.com/c/Ballast-Resistors/11561/10002/-1?sendroiad=2881405659&sendroikwd=ballast%20resistor&gclid=COq-o-fDlJsCFRwpawodvRvQoQ&sendroicid=bbef8492-2d00-41d6-b158-38db0de2603c

• 1 year later...

The ballast resistor on a 77 is just to protect the transistor ignition in case the ignition is on, engine off, and the trigger is sitting on a ... trigger point. So, you can bypass it, just don't leave your key in with the ignition on and the engine off for more than a split second.

sooo 83 dizzy needs no ballast and can run same computer if so thats my answer at least for testing i wont need a ballast but for day-to-day driving i think it might be required and would i still need 83 dizzy if a got a new ignition box (aka msd crane) to elimanate need for ballast and would one of those elimanate my old transisterized ignition module sorry for all the questions and thank you soooo much for answers