HybridZ

share your rb ghetto-ness

240zdan

mine:

RB26 bellhousing will accept a 2000 honda crv clutch slave. after getting quoted $100 for a gtr clutch slave, i found a 2000 honda crv (b20) clutch slave to be usable. just drill out the holes on the slave to accept the larger bolts and use spacers underneath it to position so it has clearence from the tranny. (i used large nuts) also, i broke out my mig and laid a couple beads on the end of the rod that meets up with the cluttch fork. not sure if this is needed but just in case the crv slave didnt have enough travel i did this. works flawlessly. you can also use threaded rod to make it adjustable although not necesarry IMO. for the clutch line cut a few mm off the threads of your stock 240z clutch line and use a new crush washer. best par about this is its $30 opposed to $100 (skyline tax). plus if it ever goes bad, i can get the part from my local parts store instantly for dirt cheap.

now share your ghetto rb part swappage/fixes.

When i first put mine together I couldn't afford a good clutch. Someone told me a sr20 disc would work with the GTR pressure plate. i tried it and it did. they are little smaller in diameter but a little thicker but it worked for 2 till i turned the boost up and remembered i only had a stock clutch

resistor packs from any v6 Honda work. I know it's been posted accord packs work. But pop the hood from any 6 cylinder Honda or acura and if it has a resistor pack, grab em. I used a set from a vigor or legend can't rmeber which.

Also, if you're swap is missing the relay twins, dot make the mistake of buying them from a skyline shop. Any nissan relays work, I yanked some from a old nissan pickup.

I'm sure most of you know this though. I didn't, coming from a Honda crowd.

When I swapped one into my old S13 240SX I used the stock KA24DE clutch slave. The bolt pattern is 90 degrees off but I put a block of aluminum with a hold on it on the rear (or was it the front...) hole so that when the slave pushes the fork the back of the slave is pushing against the block.

I did it as a quick fix to get the car running but it works so well its still there and working great.

I drilled out the stock RB20 motor and tranny mounts to fit into my 240Z... worked perfectly. It doesnt sit as far back against the firewall as Id like, but it still give more than enough room up front for radiator, fans, IC piping ect. Cheap alternative to buying aftermarket ones.

Ive also replaced my main seal with one from a 300zx instead of sourcing one from an RB20 tranny, same thing, works fine.