HybridZ

do you think this 240z is worth 2k?

"I'm trying to sell my 1973 240z asap due to a new project I'm going to be getting.

It has a rebuilt engine with new everything with about 5k miles on it, stage2 cam, twin SU carbs, 2 1/2 exhaust, has a 5 speed tranny out of a 280z along with the RARE locking rear diff, stock 6 spoke z wheels with a nice size lip, NEW tires, OEM carbon fiber hood, has all interior except for the carpet and headliner* New FULL dash cover, body has no rust, spare tire well has a coke can size hole, and the battery tray has a little rust also. The floors have fresh fiberglass laid over the original floors (nice and strong) driver seat has a few rips on the bottom and the pass. side is perfect. The only thing the car needs is a paint job and a radiator* Also comes with the original 4speed tranny and a spare pass. side door* runs and drives like it is, just can't drive far due to the bad radiator...

I'm asking a low price of $2500 but cash talks, don't throw me an offer less than 2k though... Ill get some interior pics up asap*"

he will trade for my corolla which i want 2k for, but is this Z worth 2k. It does need paint and bod work (which is no biggie for me right now) but still extra $$ you guys think its worth 2k as it sits? here's pics

zjxzqg.jpg

14y368i.jpg

2i7oa3t.jpg

200frk9.jpg

Uh yeah, I think that's fair personally. I'd inspect it rather closely for rust. But even if you bought it and it ended up being too rusty for your tastes you could make more than your money back parting it out.

i definitely know what to look out for, I just don't know the market as I haven't really been keeping up for. It is the east coast too so the prices are a good bit above west coast. Looks like it needs radiator, headlights, airdam, then paint and body. All that stuff is easy for me to deal with, just dont want to shell out the money for a paint job.. maybe i'll run it ratsun style

i would highly check the floor area, as "The floors have fresh fiberglass laid over the original floors (nice and strong)" sounds like he did a cheap-o repair to cover up rusted through floors.

exactly what I was thinking.. Why was fiberglass done? I would wonder about hidden rust, and what's with the hole in the tirewell? if it's a rusted hole, then I'd be highly suspect of the car. I'm not sure I'd pay $2000 even then. of course I'm spoiled here in the SW where I can get mostly rust free cars for $600 ish...

Some good parts on that car. Even if the floors are rusted I would consider getting it if I didnt have 4 already (and it were closer). Make sure to check the diff and confirm its an lsd.

Fiberglassing the floors is a bad sign though...