HybridZ

Spare parts

blueovalz

Recently I've had to replace the seals in the brake MC. 5 years ago, I could have gone into any auto parts place and bought a rebuild kit, but now, no one stocks it, or the MC without special orders. Halfshafts used to be rebuilt here (for boots), but now its special order too (entire shaft or nothing at all). Whole Z cars in salvage yards (for rear ends, etc) are almost non-existant too. I have decided to hoard some of the parts that have a history of wearing out, before they too become non-existant.

I've spent a lot of time in yards around here and there are NO Z's in yards. Plenty of ZX's however. Not turbos, though. I agree with you on parts. Part of the trouble is these chain type stores. I buy almost all of my parts anymore from northernautoparts.com since they have to be ordered locally anyhow, I figure why not save the tax and have them delivered to my door?

Terry, all, this is exactly why I don't throw out any usable spares for my Z. If I bend a strut tube, etc., I don't want to have to find another. I bought a parts car years ago, stripped it, and have it all in my basement (the wife just LOVES that icon_rolleyes.gif ). But places like Clark Z cars of AZ, Z barn, etc. have a decent stock of used stuff.

I agree on getting stuff you've wanted for a while but thought was a bit expensive new - decide now if you really want it and buy or leave. In a few years many of the OE 240Z parts will be NLA. They become NLA everyday. I know all about that!