HybridZ

Need some help with drivetrain alignment

jkgts1

How is everyone? This is my situation. I have a 74 260Z with the 2jzgte/ R154 mounted with John's (betamotorsports) mount, but I still have not made a tranny mount yet. I want to make sure all my angles are good. In the rear I have a R200 from a 96 Q45 mounted with MM kit. At this point the car is level, the diff is level, and the engine/ tranny are angled downward to the rear about 1-2 degrees. I can get the engine/ tranny level too, but it looks like I will have clearance issues with the e-brake part that goes through the tunnel. I found the thread on the laser tool for alignment, but have not got around to putting it together yet. Is there another way to find out if the center of the tranny output shaft and the center of the differential are parallel? I can still swing the tail of the tranny left to right a little, hopefully enough to have them parallel. Any advice.

Thanks

I read on a post somewhere that you should have one plane parallel and the other plane can be up to 3 degrees off. This is the first time I have been this involved in a project. So, I'm taking all the advice I can get. Thanks for the replies.