HybridZ

T5 (wc) tranny ?

plexus

I recently was thinking about swapping in a new tranny (from my understanding world class T5's were not in N/A's...could be wrong). my question is this does any one know if the T5 NWC has a removable bell? also is the bell for the NWC the same as the WC (basically is one really better than the other when your talking about the bell housing).

i was thinking i could buy a T5 for a Camero and drop it in (figure of speach) and use my current throw out and bell and any other needed parts and mate it to my L6, then I could just get the V8 later and then i would have a tranny to go with it untill i shelled out the shillings for a T56.

please dont kill me if this has been addressed, if you could just point me in the right direction with a link or some keywords for my searching.

the one thing i hate about this site is also the same thing i love about this site. it is this, not all thing z/zx related are interchangable, but most are. so i hate when you search and all you find is s30 answers and then your left with no clue if it will work on your s130 application.

don't know for a fact but looking at the t5 tranny in a zxt it is like three parts. bell housing, tranny and the back end for the shift linkage and accept the tail shaft. I would doubt that borg warner made a t5 unique to nissan for the simple fact that it makes their maufacturing more dificult. Much easier to build a tranny sell it and let the end user design the front and back end so I think that what you propose would probably work. but you know about assume.

Different input shafts for sure between all the T5's by manufacturer, as well as bellhousings.

The Nissan T5 was not a WC T5. It is my understanding that you can have a Nissan T5 built to WC specs tho'.

This discussion better in the drivetrain forum as it is not S130 specific...

don't know for a fact but looking at the t5 tranny in a zxt it is like three parts. bell housing, tranny and the back end for the shift linkage and accept the tail shaft. I would doubt that borg warner made a t5 unique to nissan for the simple fact that it makes their maufacturing more dificult. Much easier to build a tranny sell it and let the end user design the front and back end so I think that what you propose would probably work. but you know about assume.

Different input shafts for sure between all the T5's by manufacturer, as well as bellhousings.

This discussion better in the drivetrain forum as it is not S130 specific...

i figure that i could have the drive shaft customized/built to mate to the input of the different T5 (chevy) and eliminate that issue, and swap bells out.

also i thought it might be better there, but then i thought it should be here because I'm interested only on the S130 application due to body difference.

I recently was thinking about swapping in a new tranny (from my understanding world class T5's were not in N/A's...could be wrong). my question is this does any one know if the T5 NWC has a removable bell? also is the bell for the NWC the same as the WC (basically is one really better than the other when your talking about the bell housing).

The Nissan NWC T5 does have a removable bell housing. However, the transmissions are not interchangable without doing a lot of machine work. G Force Transmissions can build one for you that is very strong but you will need to spend some serious jack.

http://www.gforcetransmissions.com

The input shaft is what goes into the clutch, the output shaft is for the driveshaft.

I suppose someone could come up w/a hybrid clutch that could mate a Ford or Chevy WCT5 in the Nissan bellhousing to the Datsun flywheel utilizing the Datsun Hydraulics to actuate, but why bother...