HybridZ

e85 in su's

Why does everybody want E85? Yes it has alcohol, but if you want alcohol then run methanol. Now that may be hard for some people as of obtaining it, but most places with race tracks, especially in Indiana, its easily obtainable. It will be higher octane than your E85. Plus then you have stair alcohol, no regular gas left. Most seals have to be replaced to run alcohol, it will also gum up faster than your regular gasoline. When we run a dirt track sprint car, we clean the injectors and fuel system before every track visit. Either way, I may just sound crazy, but I think if your going to E85 for performance, just go all the way. :D

Guest Rolling Parts
Why does everybody want E85? Yes it has alcohol, but if you want alcohol then run methanol. Now that may be hard for some people as of obtaining it, but most places with race tracks, especially in Indiana, its easily obtainable. It will be higher octane than your E85. Plus then you have stair alcohol, no regular gas left. Most seals have to be replaced to run alcohol, it will also gum up faster than your regular gasoline. When we run a dirt track sprint car, we clean the injectors and fuel system before every track visit. Either way, I may just sound crazy, but I think if your going to E85 for performance, just go all the way. :D

Go all the way to what? Alcohol has a low heat content so you have to flow a LOT more of it to get anywhere. No one I know wants E85 for that very reason, MPG goes down and cost is higher. Basically it has to be FORCED on the public because the public is too smart to buy it otherwise.