HybridZ

260Z seatbelt interlock. Defeat

Just went through my system today. I blew my right knee out about eight months ago and finally recovering from knee surgery on Oct. 16. The link to the Datsun manuals were Key. Everything I needed was in the PDF file. Think I finally have it squared away, we shall see. Bad connection on C5. Dielectric grease and she should be good to go.

• 4 years later...

hard wire a push button to starter. and or the start portion of igniton to the starter.

easy. push button on mine. its realy cool actually!

I've done this on both my Datsuns. On my 83 the starter contact on the ignition cylinder would no longer make contact in the 'start' position, and my 77 decided one day it wouldn't turn beyond the 'on' position.

Both times I wired in a simply relay powered by an accessory signal so that the starter couldn't fire without the key in the on position. I would highly recommend doing this for safety reasons. Both accidental firing of the starter, and minimize amperage through the starter button/switch.