HybridZ

Anyone have the seats out of there z right now??

starfishdata

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113145

It's a sticky... at the bottom he has the seat measurements.

Hey MAG58, I read that one and searched also before posting this. That only covers the 240z and his measurements are for the distance between the seat slider bolts.

I'm looking to get together the measurements for all the z model seats with the sliders off along with the common swaps with the sliders off. So that way those wanting to swap seats can have a reference to check as to how a set of seats would bolt up to thier sliders.

What I did for my C5 seat was bolt the Datsun tracks into the car without the seats. I then welded 1"x4" rectangular tubing to the tracks, across the front and back. The C5 seats bolt to the tubing. This does raise the seat a littel higher than stock so tubing smaler than 1" might work better for you.

I have an 81 with the seats out. I will take measurements if you like. I put seats from a 1999 acura in mine. saved over 20 lbs and really comfy. Used the tracks from the original and modified to fit.

Give me a day or 2 and if you haven't heard from me remind me

What I did for my C5 seat was bolt the Datsun tracks into the car without the seats. I then welded 1"x4" rectangular tubing to the tracks, across the front and back. The C5 seats bolt to the tubing. This does raise the seat a littel higher than stock so tubing smaler than 1" might work better for you.

Yea thats how i put seats in everything pretty much. I bolt the seat sliders down and then weld a piece of 2" wide steel plate between them and make up some plates to fill the gap between the seat bolts and the slider holes and bolt it all together.

I have an 81 with the seats out. I will take measurements if you like. I put seats from a 1999 acura in mine. saved over 20 lbs and really comfy. Used the tracks from the original and modified to fit.

Give me a day or 2 and if you haven't heard from me remind me

Take the measurements from both seats with pics if you can.

I'd like to get as many seats from the Z's and the swaps together and then Quote it into a new thread of nothing but measurements and see if we can get it stickied right under the swap thread.