HybridZ

Pics of My New Intercooler with Hot Pipe Under Oil Pan

jc052685

You also want the IC as close to the radiator as possible.

The air coming out of the IC will be really turbulent and you might have cooling issues since it will not want to flow through the radiator.

That was the plan to begin with. I ordered the wrong size IC and will likely be redoing it again in spring. For now I will do with what I have. Will probably box in the whole setup to alow better airflow through the radiator. I will also be running a mechanical fan as I plan on a few track days here and there.

Can you post a picture of your air filter for me? I understand wherehow the routing for the intercooler piping is, but where do you place your filter and afm at?

Lol, no AFM.

4" filter directly on turbo for now. Will building a intake setup pretty soon.

ran mine that way too.it worked better with that chinese 240sx intercooler i got off of ebay.i used 2 1/8" mandrel bends from summit.the cold side i used some aluminum bends i got from recalled i/c pipes from ford diesels when i used to be a dealer tech.i like the price of free

Very nice! Im considering doing this on my motor. But well have to see how it works with an afm....

just told you. cut the wires and extend them to mount the afm in front of the IC.

works great. I have relocated 3 afm like that.

I ran my IC pipie under the oil pan too:

Old picture, doesn't show DIS upgrade:

turbo%20pass%20after%20drive.jpg

I don't know why more people don't run thier piping this way.

turbo%20driver%20after%20drive.jpg

My filter is also mounted directly to my turbo, with no issues of melting, I do see my intake temps are higher than I would like, and will be moving my filter to try and reduce the air temps.

just told you. cut the wires and extend them to mount the afm in front of the IC.

works great. I have relocated 3 afm like that.

Yeah I know, I was just saying that cause Im leaning towards doing this and I have an AFM... I havent done it for myself so Ill have to see how it works.