HybridZ

What's wrong with this picture?

speeder

The problem is obvious. You're not in a comfortable welding position. I suggest stacking 2 or 3 of those round blue welding supports on top of each other instead of just using one. You also may want to remove the caps so that you don't have any expansion while your welding.

Derek

Well, looking in the background he doesn't keep his garage as neat and I like to keep mine (I'm pretty anal about cleanliness). Also if that was a car I was working on I would have covered it up so I wouldn't get any spatter on it. Talking about spatter I don't see any anti-spatter close by unless that what that spray can is rolled up in the corner. And don't worry about the gas tank, that's OSHA approved :P

Ever thrown a soda bottle full of as in a fire? It doesn't blow up, as soon as the fire melts through the bottle it just uses the gas to to enlarge the flames, no explosion...at least thats how it happened when I was a kid doing it.

Ever thrown a soda bottle full of as in a fire? It doesn't blow up, as soon as the fire melts through the bottle it just uses the gas to to enlarge the flames, no explosion...at least thats how it happened when I was a kid doing it.

That was a FULL bottle correct? Ever throw in one that only had a little fuel, mostly vapor? When I was in the AF we tried lighting JP-8 on fire (diesel/kerosene jet fuel). We found that a match in a full bucket did nothing, but if you threw a match in an almost empty bucket...you get the fire department

Awright guys, before this gets out of hand, it was put up as a joke :D. Anyone who has been in my garage in the last 5+yrs, has probably been offered that empty can as a seat :D Everytime I go to throw it out I find some use for it. The welder is a Lincoln 180 (220V) and I have not built a welding station yet.

That was a FULL bottle correct? Ever throw in one that only had a little fuel, mostly vapor? When I was in the AF we tried lighting JP-8 on fire (diesel/kerosene jet fuel). We found that a match in a full bucket did nothing, but if you threw a match in an almost empty bucket...you get the fire department

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna have to try that sometime. Maybe when...if?...gas prices come down. lol

This was a joke - I was watching the welding process and sensed a photo op.

I would like to know how you got that shirt you are wearing from the mean looking guy pictured in your avatar.

Mean? That guy is Curly from the 3 Stooges. I've always been amused to find that people think that it's me.:mrgreen:

That cradle needs a section about twice that big to hold on to that TT V6 rocket you're going to bolt to it?.

That piece will be plenty strong, thank you - The design ties in with the stock crossmember.