HybridZ

Stock Driveshaft

Beau M

Does anyone use the Datusn rear u-joint when they make their custom driveshafts? There are people with beefed up L28's with more hp and tq than I will have, do they swap over to the chevy adaper and u-joints? I am not going racing at all with my 302, it will be a fun street car only. Back when I was into 4x4's it was OK to have u-joints a little on the weaker side, as they acted as driveline "fuses" of sorts. Better to break that than an axle or worse. So, would it be ok to go from the ford yoke to a ford u-joint on one end and the stock datsun u-joint to R200 on the other?

There should be a flange that goes from the 1310 joint to the rear. I'm running an L28, but when my T5 shaft joints went out, they just fabbed one up to use standard Spicer U-Joints. In this instance, it was because it was cheaper. It's bigger but there are TONS of Fords and Chevy's that use that U Joint and they had a flange there that went from that to my T5 R200 Flange. Now I have a rebuildable joint and I'm confident that I can go to pretty much any auto parts store around and they'll have it in stock.

You need to go to a good, I mean good drive shaft shop and they can get you all the parts (new) that you need to make a custom shaft using 1310 series u-joints. My car uses the stock 82 Nissan tranny with the stock R200 rearead and they had no problems getting the parts. I had mine made in the Tampa, Fl area and it works great. I believe PST drive shafts can help you out: http://www.pstds.com/

I have heard that they do very good work for people in the racing community.

HB280ZT

I don't think you want to do that. If it was me the last thing I want is my driveshaft breaking and having another made everytime it breaks.

I would just get stock mustang driveshaft and the r200 adapter. Take it to a good driveshaft shop and get it cut to the length you need.