HybridZ

VK56 Question

RKLamb123

I think I'm going disagree here. If you're using the VK45DE I think it will be about equal as far as being a PITA. They're roughly the same dimensions and since everything is already custom from the mounts to the tranny adaptor (a few companies are starting to bite and make adaptors for it, I believe, either way the down under would be the best place to look), and NA it'll have a little more go. The VK56 would be infinitely more difficult since it's stuffing a longer and taller motor in the same hole.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a guy on here that said he swapped a VK56 into his 280ZX. Never posted any pics. I sent him a pm about it because the the VK56 is one of my engine swap choices. I'll see if I still have his reply, been awhile.

EDIT: It was Oleh, but rereading the pm's, he was in the process of doing the swap. Again, don't know if he ever finished.

There was a guy on here that said he swapped a VK56 into his 280ZX. Never posted any pics. I sent him a pm about it because the the VK56 is one of my engine swap choices. I'll see if I still have his reply, been awhile.

EDIT: It was Oleh, but rereading the pm's, he was in the process of doing the swap. Again, don't know if he ever finished.

He never finished it.

• 3 months later...