HybridZ

Ronal Racing Wheel value?

Today I was visiting an acquaintance and the subject of wheels for a Z came up. Turns out he purchased these three piece wheels 20+ years ago. There are 2ea. 16x8 and 2ea. 16x10. The one wheel pictured has a 20+ year old (new at the time Bridgestone) tire he mounted just to see how it would look.

ronalwheel.jpg

This is the first time, in who knows how long, they seen daylight.

What would be a fair price for them? Any opinions would be appreciated.

It appears Ronal is no longer in the aftermarket wheel business as of last year. The website address comes up blank.

• 1 month later...

Those wheels are here in europe also very rare.

If there is a set of those for sale they go very fast and very expensive

For instance,i know i have two wheels and saw a guy in Germany selling two centers for around 1000,- euros. i dont know the value in the states.

But be aware when you sell them there are always golddiggers who try to say they are not special and exspensive

greets michael (Netherlands)

Indeed the Ronal R10's or a devriate to them like Ronal turbo Phase 1's.

This is a Renault 5 turbo rally car version, apart from the size and color seems to be what your friend has there!

3pc_ronal_racing.jpg

They are worth decent cash in the VW Golf 1 and 2 scene and the e30 and suchs bimmer scene

Here for a guideline: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74213 a set for 425.. but they are a 4 X 100 bolt pattern and more civalized in size.

In europe that same set would see 5 to 600 euro's

This is based on for sale ads sourced now, so i have no clue what skywalker is talking about.. they are GREAT rims but by no means a set of Watanabe rs's in that size!

Basically with a 4x 114.3 bolt pattern that willl rule them out, next to that they are to wide for the golf guys leaving the Bimmer crowd (apart from the bolt pattern a 635 kan take some wheels)

here you see em like we see em on 'tuning' shows but also on the ring :)

Pacman.JPG

Mostly they would be passing you there nomatter how many hp you have haha

Anyway i dont know how much they are 'worth'but i for that matter would give my kidneys for those in my s130 isma widebodyproject. and expect them to sell somewhere in the 1000 tot low 1500 region.

If he decides to sell id love to talk to they guy!

What i mean,is that the wheels you mean for 425,- are just normal one piece aluminum wheels

those you cannot compare with three piece magnesium light wheigts.

Please look at www.berg-cup.de and click on market place there is one guy selling just two centers for 500,-.

And there are two different sizes the 13 inch center which you can combine with 13inch 14inch and 15inch inner and outer beds

And then there are the 15inch centers (these are pretty rare)

those you can combine with 15inch 16inch or 17inch inner and outer beds.

The problem with using 13inch beds on 13 inch centers and 15inch beds for the 15inch centers is that you cannot disamble the tyre on or of the rim (those type of wheel called flat bed)

Here are some sites to look for some different sizes of rimhalves

www.sccspurverbreiterung.de or www.bbs-racing-wheels.com.

Let me remind you the rimhalves for the 15 inch bbs wheels can also used for ronal racing centers for the 13inch its a bigger problem because these are not the same

hopefullysome information to play with

greets skywalker

p.s if you have a set of magnesium wheels for 425,- for me please contact me im very interested

Thanks for the information guys. Last time I checked this thread was August 6th.

One has been sitting in my garage since the post. Now I will have to go see my friend and give him the news. I was going buy them to put on my 76 Fairlady Z but sold it a few weeks ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Those 13" ronals in the pic without the tire are my old wheels, i restored them and took that pic. They ARENT renault turbo wheels, they are vw hub centric 4x100.. Although they are styled very similiar. All of the 3 pc ronals are magnesium centers, be them "turbo" style, or mesh (the only 2 ronal 3 pc, of that vintage). However, they arent nearly as fragile as other "total" mag wheels, such as old can am or trans am wheels. The lips, although thin and bend easily, dont crack (they are aluminum). I have NEVER seen a mag center explode. Only the complete mag wheels crack/break on the lip area, which is aluminum on these. Additionally, most of these wheels are show wheels, not raced anymore (except old timers in germany, and even then they still pass tech. That should be enough for any doubters). Anyway, good thread. Where did you get 13x15's? That is REALLY wide for the diameter... Were they formula/super wheels???

• 3 years later...

Now this is funny. My buddy still has these wheels sitting in his spare room. I did a google search on the wheels and this thread comes up in the top 10.

In an above post it was mentioned the magnesium centers may not be safe after all these years sitting around? Anyone have thoughts or opinions on this?

Would these basically be wall hangers?

Now this is funny. My buddy still has these wheels sitting in his spare room. I did a google search on the wheels and this thread comes up in the top 10.

In an above post it was mentioned the magnesium centers may not be safe after all these years sitting around? Anyone have thoughts or opinions on this?

Would these basically be wall hangers?

post-502-0-28598300-1359432171_thumb.jpg