HybridZ

Most Expensive Z I Have Seen On eBay..

slownrusty

One of Porsche buddies sent this along to me...opening bid $35,000..yikes. Judging by his garage, evidently he is a Z enthusiast:

1,000 miles on this car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-DATSUN-280ZX-BLACK-GOLD-1-AE-1-052-MILES_W0QQitemZ300336163505QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item45ed6e2ab1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#v4-35

WOW!

!B(29m5gBGk~$(KGrHgoOKkYEjlLmY4pPBKed(S3N1g~~_3.JPG

!B(294iQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKiwEjlLmE-R)BKedYHH02w~~_3.JPG

!B(2-v3gBmk~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmgM5VBKed,0Db3!~~_3.JPG

!B(2-Mmg!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjMEjlLmRfcUBKedZIr-tQ~~_3.JPG

Yasin

Guest Rolling Parts

It's in new condition.

With the rate of inflation a new 280ZX should cost over $38,000 today.

$35,000 is a good starting bid if you are in the market for a brand new limited edition 280ZX.

Actually he's hosed on the deal even at $38K because storage for 29 years adds up....

Guest Rolling Parts
Its not a $35K 280ZX until it sells for that much.

Sales price probably isn't the whole issue on this purchase. . Even a new 370Z is not worth that AFTER you own it for just a week. I think the huge problem here is that you can't drive this thing after you buy it!

• Administrators

And you're not getting the factory/dealer warranty that NEW 280-ZX would've came with, probably not valid.. :wink:

None the less, it is the #1 black gold car, Gorgeous car, excellent condition.

I would be concerned with a car that has sat for sooo long, engine could be in worse shape than one with 200,000 miles of the same vintage. Rubber components such hoses, seals etc are not necessarily like new and with fuel and other fluid sitting stagnant in them for sooo long.

Oil tends separate when it sits, acid tend to settle. Seen more than a few oil pans that have had holes eaten in the from the inside out from oil that separated due to sitting for years. Also very hard on cranks, bearings, etc. Grease also doesn't like just sit, think ball joints, U-joints etc...

For car that would never ever start up or drive, just to look at and be pushed on an off the trailer for shows, pretty cool! For a car that might be driven, hmmm... $35,000 entry fee and $10k-$20k in replacing all those unusable new parts with usable new parts... Probably still a good deal for the right enthusiast.

Again, gorgeous car, nice to see such an example so well cared for, still in as new condition. :2thumbs: