HybridZ

Pathfinder Exhaust manifolds/ Swap to Z31?

RUZN

So when I was at the wrecker getting the upper intake manifold of a 95 Pathfinder for my newly aquired Z31 I noticed that the pathfinder has manifolds that shoot downward under the body instead of around back of the firewall like the Z31. Is the bolt pattern the same? Considering the engine code is VG30E Cause as I am dissasembling my Z31 and Was going to clean the engine once pulled. I noticed on the Pass. Side Exhaust manifold one bolt at very front seems to be missing or broken off inside *Ugggh*

So since I now am going to pull engine to Clean the entire messy little beast I figured why not simplify the manifold and have it run down under body instead of back towards firewall...

Not looking forward to Drilling and Tapping that front manifold bolt if its broke!! With any Luck there will be enough to grip on some Vise grips and heat it up and give her a twist lol....:mrgreen:

*Sigh*:(

Oh well Engine bay and Engine will at least be as clean as the rest of the car LOL :icon44:

006_thumb.jpg

007_thumb.jpg

16016_thumb.attach

005_thumb.jpg

009_thumb.jpg

Yes, the pathfinder exhaust manifold will bolt on. They are both VG30 heads. Just make sure there is clearance in the engine bay/ transmission tunnel.

Getting a broken stud out isn't as painful as it sounds. Just get an easy out set and have at it. No need for heat.

How did you solve the pathy intake clearance issue?

Well to make it fit with stock injectors I had to take my cut off wheel and cut some of the Square sections (where other Pathy stuff bolted on) OFF. Then it fits on perfect as for the Hood clearance. I had placed a few Washers where the hood mounts on and that seems to do the Trick as It's juuuuust is a tad to high Also im running a Turbo hood not sure if that makes any difference. But so far everythign has been very easy I just figure with that Pathy intake it should run Way coooler as its not storing heat under that massive Stock manifold plus you can actually see the parts now beneith it lol. But yeah would be nice to have a Dual Exhaust system Cause I figure then you could get a flange made for Maybe..... TWIN TURBO.. MUHAHAHAHA!!!!! hehe *dreams*

only thing I see is the issue with the EGR placement but I suppose for you people who need EMISSIONS!! you coult get some tubing to accomidate it to the pathy EGR. As for mine! NO EGR!!! Exhaust goes out not IN!!! hehe

So far build is going well EXCEPT!! I still can't get the drivers side valve cover off and cant see anymore bolts for the AC compressor mount so would like some info on that LOL anyone anyone.....