HybridZ

turn signal help

bryand2

Check your flasher relay. There are two mounted next to each other on the side panel underneath the dash (on the driver's side, just to the left of your left knee). One flasher is for your turn signal; the other's for your hazard lights. Very cheap to replace -- I just got a new flasher for my turn signal at Pep Boys for $2.99.

Also check your bulbs. As Zedman mentioned, a burned-out bulb may sometimes cause system problems.

Finally, check your connections under the dash. The two connection points that come to mind are: 1) the turn signal connection on your steering column (3-prong plug) and 2) the harness connections under the dash on the passenger-side. Ensure all connection plugs are firmly plugged in.

Good luck and happy motoring.

YES!!!! that is EXACTLY what they were telling you! Granted, our friend from Australia said "globes" instead of "light bulbs" but jhm said it in plain, american english..

As Zedman mentioned, a burned-out bulb may sometimes cause system problems.

There is a sticky at the top of this subforum titled Turn Signal/Hazard system or something along those lines. Read that thread through, it is a helpful read to anyone with an S30. i can't recall how deeply into specifics on the 280 system the thread got, but they were similar in design.

If you do not already have it, google xenons30.com and find your model year's FSM; t6hat can only be of assistance to you.

• Administrators

This Z car forum is more of an extreme performance Z car forum, a supplement to a shop manual for those projects above and beyond what a simple Haynes manual does not cover. This forum is not really a replacement for a basic service manual, again geared mostly towards extreme performance modifications, i.e. HybridZ.

Even the simple cheap Haynes manual has good wiring diagrams for the car, as a Haynes manual is good investment, especially for problems such as troubleshooting electrical gremlins. :wink:

Hope that helps,

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

In case you haven't figured this issue out. Here's my input.

My dash lights, tail lights, parking lights, turn signals, etc were not working. I took apart the Hazard switch, cleaned it like in the write-up and put it back together. This helped my situation. I had some lights working. I checked my fuse for my parking lights. Even though it looked ok, when I pulled it out the fuse was old and falling apart. I replaced it and now my parking lights worked. I pulled apart the turn signal switch on the steering column and cleaned that up. It helped to improve my situation, but I still had issues. Finally when I replaced the flashers and all the bulbs everything worked as it should. One of my Flashers looked rusted as if water had gotten into it. It was causing my lights to do some strange things. Go through all of these steps. If this doesn't fix your issue then I'd say you may have a wiring problem.