HybridZ

Abbott X Speedo Question

Are we talking about the Cabel-X box because I am about ready to install one. Bought it on Ebay for about $255 but besure to get one with a metric (5/8) connector like I didn't so I will have a speedo shop redo it and shorten it. I plan to install it behind the Window washer tank. Snug as a bug,

Couldn't get a 280Z tach to work with this LT1 so I have bought a Autometer white face tach instead.

I researched this for a quite a while and was going to go the Cable-X route and then I finally scored a new Autometer Pro Comp electronic speedo for $180 on Ebay.

You have to get creative with the turn signals, hi-beam indicator, Hand Brake etc. lights though, some have modified their Autometer gauges and added LED's and some, like me ended up making a pod that sits on the steering column.

I was going to go the Cable-X route but the Autometer gauges are more accurate tha the stock Datsun gauges. After making the pod I probably spent as much as the Cable-X would of cost.

I think JTR was offering a Mod to the tail housing of the T56 to keep your VSS and run a standard Speedo cable for about the same money. I don't know if they still offer it or not though.

Greg

I researched this for a quite a while and was going to go the Cable-X route and then I finally scored a new Autometer Pro Comp electronic speedo for $180 on Ebay.

You have to get creative with the turn signals, hi-beam indicator, Hand Brake etc. lights though, some have modified their Autometer gauges and added LED's and some, like me ended up making a pod that sits on the steering column.

I was going to go the Cable-X route but the Autometer gauges are more accurate tha the stock Datsun gauges. After making the pod I probably spent as much as the Cable-X would of cost.

I think JTR was offering a Mod to the tail housing of the T56 to keep your VSS and run a standard Speedo cable for about the same money. I don't know if they still offer it or not though.

Greg

Thanks Greg. I really have not planned on running any turn signals, high beams or anything else. I just want the speedo. I found one on Ebay for around $190 today.

Good deal, sounds about the right price considering I bought mine almost 2 years ago.

I read somewhere that need to take the VSS signal right off the sender at the tranny and not off the PCM.

Never mind I see your not using a computer/fuel injected motor.

Greg

Yah, I wish I had all the high tech stuff. I'm going to be running the speedo and reverse lights from the trans. though.