HybridZ

Taurus 2-Speed Electric Fan

S30TRBO

Does anyone have this and using SDS to control it? If so how did you wire it in? I have the white wire and relay from them but need to know what else I need. I also have the harness for the fan plug and it is cut behind the pig tail.

I just emailed SDS for clarification to see if the EM4-6F can even control a multi-speed fan.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I dont belive it will, are there two input wires? One for each speed?

If so, you could run a standard thermesitor temp switch set to the lower temp and then have the sds output turn on at the higher temp. SDS is sweet for everyday reliablity but just doesnt have the bells and whistles that some stand alones do. But either way i love mine

• 2 months later...

I haven't tried this yet but here is an email from SDS:

Only way to control both speeds I think would be to use the SDS RPM relay output, and say use it to turn on a low speed fan relay as shown in the hyridz diagram, and set the SDS to run low speed fan below about 1500 rpm (when idling and stopped in traffic) Then use the SDS fan relay output to activate hi speed fan.

Rpm output is on the bottom row of white conn 3rd pin in from the db25 conn side. Connect this to pin86 of the low speed relay. White wire goes to 86 of the hi spd relay. I notice the hi speed relay overrides the low speed one so it should be safe.

• 1 month later...

I know I'm kinda late here but if you have to run more then the low speed of a Taurus fan then you have a heat issue and the fan is the bandaid. You really should look into a 4 core radiator and venting the heat from the engine bay. A vented hood or vented inspection panels will help a lot.

pallnet