HybridZ

Question about USPS Delivery screw up

FlatBlack

I ordered my new MS board from DIYAutoTune and it was supposed to be delivered today. They ship with USPS.

I live in Fayetteville, but have my packages shipped to my parents house that is about 30 minutes North of where I live.

I called my parents yesterday to make sure they would be here, which they said they were, but they left for a bit this morning.

Apparently the USPS guy came and left the mail and a note saying the package can be picked up at the USPS store in Springdale on Monday, but

I got an email update saying the package was delivered and was signed for by a "R Wright" at 11:06 AM.

I started to get worried when I saw that the status said the package was delivered and signed for, should I be worried about this? I tried to call the USPS help line but they were closed.

Anyone else have this happen? I'm going to be very unhappy if I have to take time out from school/work/Z time to file a complaint and have DIY build me a new board.

:evil:

Yes, however, you just take that sticky down to usps.

Don't divalge any info, they are the experts, let them tell you what is up.

If there is a problem, make sure you keep that sticky.

Fretting with limited knowlage leads to heartburn,,,,,,don't ask me how I know.

Yeah I thought I told you I did some funky things and some funky things were done to it before I got it.

I actually tried to wire it up for just fuel firing off the negative side of the coil, but I left the VB921 circuit in it.

Please don't think I'm a total idiot I took some stuff out and added some things for fuel only :)

I was trying to get it out of the garage and back to Fayetteville so it would be easier to work on.

My Mother said she'd go take the note to the Post Office tomorrow, hopefully it'll be there.

*sigh* I hate living 30 minutes away from my car.

Guest Rolling Parts

Either it was "delivered" or it was "picked up". It cannot be both.

Occam's razzor says that the US PO is screwed up and the person who looked it up on a Saturday was a moron (since smart people don't work staurdays at the post office) and typed in the wrong tracking number.

You'll pick it up tomorrow when the first string clocks in....

I kinda thought(or at least hoped:p) you tried to do fuel only when I first looked at it. Even with the igbt circuit wired up it wouldn't have worked, the bip373 was grounding on the heatsink somehow, meaning no or very sporadic spark. Also, the injector drivers overheat after 30sec of running, I can only assume it's an issue with the PWM circuit because it only does it on the car(with low z injectors), not the stim. Even if you got it going fuel only it probably would have died a few minutes into the trip when the injector drivers blew.

The injector driver issue even has me kinda stumped, I think I'll make a thread about it. I'll have to bring it to school for when I have some spare time I can check it out with an o scope.

I'm pretty sure the new board will fix most of your issues.

That's weird, I didn't show any continuity to the heat sink after we installed the BIP373. He had it running for a short period, so I guess maybe it heated up enough to form a place in the grease that grounded it out.

The PO claimed to have his car running with low-z injectors, but when we got it the PWM circuit wasn't even installed, so I wouldn't be surprised if something is fried, to be honest.

I kinda thought(or at least hoped:p) you tried to do fuel only when I first looked at it. Even with the igbt circuit wired up it wouldn't have worked, the bip373 was grounding on the heatsink somehow, meaning no or very sporadic spark. Also, the injector drivers overheat after 30sec of running, I can only assume it's an issue with the PWM circuit because it only does it on the car(with low z injectors), not the stim. Even if you got it going fuel only it probably would have died a few minutes into the trip when the injector drivers blew.

The injector driver issue even has me kinda stumped, I think I'll make a thread about it. I'll have to bring it to school for when I have some spare time I can check it out with an o scope.

I'm pretty sure the new board will fix most of your issues.

I'm amazed that you could figure that all out so quickly, that's awesome.

I guess the injector driver issue is why the car would run for about 30 seconds and then die.

So the issue with the BIP373 was that it was grounding out? DIYAT sent those metal screws with the mod kit, Chris and I were wondering why they didn't include the plastic ones but figured it would be fine, obviously if I wouldn't have been lazy it probably could have worked. Damn.

What do you think I messed up with the PWM circuit? They also had the metal set screws, I wonder if they are grounding out as well?