HybridZ

WTB - 260z Inner Scuff Plates

TrumpetRhapsody

I'm looking for the metal trim pieces that go inside the doors to hold down the carpet. They are black, and have 3 screw holes.

I've found them online NOS for $50 + shipping, but I'm not as concerned about looks as I am functionality of holding down the carpet. My only requirement is that they aren't bent, and are free of rust.

Nope, those are a different part. You're talking about the part you can only see when the door is open. "Sill plates"

The part I'm talking about can be seen at all times when you're sitting inside the car. "Scuff plates"

Thanks though!

I believe this part is universal for 74.5-78 260z and 280z's, but I'm not 100%

Here is what mine should look like:

ZIN32A.jpgZIN34.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Try Courtesy Nissan. I purchased a pair for my early 260. The early 260 has a notched end. The Courtesy Nissan item is straight. Also they are painted instead of covered with some black film. They were pretty cheap. BTW, you play a horn?

Thanks, I'll check with them. Can't remember if I already did or not....

My late 260z uses the straight style, no notch. IIRC MSA had the notched, but not the straight *shrug*.

Yeah I played trumpet for 8 years, I haven't touched it in about 4 years though :(. I figure I'll pick it back up when college isn't a distraction.