HybridZ

260z motor in a 280zx

my45mutt

Hello guys it my first post, I have owned my 81 280zx 2+2 for 6 years and the original motor in it is a l28e with 105,000 original miles. I have a l28et all apart I want to rebuild but at the junkyard found a 260z with a L26 with 2 carbs on it, I was thinking of getting the 260z motor and throwing triple webers on it. I am still new to making stuff custom and want a nice motor kinda cheap and want it to fit up to my stock trans. So any help would be great! Thanks Dust:icon28:

skib,

Now and then I read something or see something that is really thought provoking. Your sketch says it all and is a great response without having to state the obvious . Very nice!

its a perfect re-enactment of the moment when I opened this thread :lol:

facepalm3.jpg

I love this.

Also, the 260Z has a 2.6 liter 6 cylinder? Do you know what other car had a 2.6 liter 6 cylinder? That's right, the Skyline GT-R. It's basically the same engine, they just called it the L26 so that people could snatch them up cheap at junk yards. The RB26DETT engine management, turbo chargers, fuel injection, etc, just slaps right on there! Good luck and don't forget to search for help!

:search:

Thats almost as mean as the time there was a thread discussing diffs, an active thread on the page, not kicked off too page 2. When an idiot with no search button started a new thread asking about strong about diffs. I suggested a Geo Metro diff, if he had LOOKED on the subforum page he would have seen a thread with Diff in the title and if he had read it he would have read the geo metro diff was considered a grenade under torque :P

I wonder how many Geo Metro diffs the sucker has run through now :D

Guest Rolling Parts

The L28 is already a "nice motor". 105k miles is nothing on these engines.

Why throw away cubic inches if you want to propel a heavier ZX 2+2?

Since a decent set of tripples will easily cost you around $1,000, why waste that money instead of using it to get the L28ET put together?