HybridZ

l26 intake swap. possible?

nbutenhoff

hello i have just purchased my first Z, an early model 74 260. it has been sitting for quite some time and the motor seems to be frozen up. i also got a really good deal on a 78 280 that i bought as well(mostly for odd and end parts). because my motor is froze up in the 260 would it be possible to drop the l28 into the 260 but put the 260 intake with the carbs insted of the fuel injection? is there an adapter kit for this swap? i just do not want to mess with the fuel injection at this time. any ideas?

we just need to start throwing the ban hammer or make a window that pops open when you click submit to start a new thread, reading "rules for posting: Did you search thoroughly? Have you visited the correct section, to search the FAQ's and sticky's? Is this thread in the correct forum? Is your message readable and understandable? Have you searched google for your answer?...etc" for the first 100 posts of a new member.

Preventing a member from starting a new topic until they've been on the site and jump through a few hoops might curtail this stuff.

...but let's not scare him off. TR's answer is right. No 'kit' is needed, per se. I'm running that exact setup.

nbutenhoff, there's a massive wealth of information on this site that's built up going back almost 7 years. You're bound to find the answer to most of your questions by using the search feature.