HybridZ

Ritrebor SoCal 240Z

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added a B&M Megashifter.

This installation started to snowball as the linkage on the trans interfered with the headers.

In checking everything out I would have to reroute the exhaust to clear the trans linkage.

Since I was going to reroute the exhaust pipe maybe now would be a good time to change the motor mounts to fit the chassis better. The original mounts were home made ones that did not fit well. The headers interfered with the headers so the PO solution was to grind down the steering shaft. LOL. Also the exhaust would hit the rear trans mount as they did not allow enough clearance.

So on with the remodel.

PICT0050_thumb.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Went out to buy a mini starter to fit the new mounting position and look what was attached to it. Came with the starter. 454 out of a motorhome with a blown head gasket. Numbers come up as a 4 bolt main with oval port peanut heads. Decisions, Decisions. LOL

ritrebor

PICT0071_thumb.JPG

PIC-0077_thumb.jpg

Luckly in my quest to finish my Z, I picked up a few other Z's. Eventually I just want one Z but once you get the bug there is no going back. Maybe the 454 can go into the primer Z that I picked up from a member here. Primer one is a 73 240z roller and the orange one is also a 73 240z and I am the second owner and is all original. Plan on just getting the orange one running and sell it. Too nice to rip apart.

ritrebor

PICT0067_thumb.JPG

PICT0068_thumb.JPG

Buy the way here is the original engine that I took out and am reinstalling back into the white car. Since I am going to change engine location I might as well change out the Turbo350 and put a 700r4 in so I will only have to cut the driveshaft once and have overdrive. Got the mounts from another Hybrid member. Also will be adding a few more dress up items on the engine.

ritrebor

PICT0057_thumb.JPG

PICT0058_thumb.JPG

PICT0059_thumb.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the complements.

Cable, Yes that was me. If you still have the headers I might be interested in it.

Mitch, The only problem that I had was massaging the trans tunnel with a BFH to fit. And I believe the 280 tunnel is wider than the 240. I used SEM bumper repair on the dash and their texture coat. Ended finishing it up with truck bed lining.

Modern, Yes I figured out it’s not a 240 but probably a 77 280. I guess the give away was the ECU that I took out. Its titled as a 72 so it looks like the PO changed a few things.

ritrebor

Edited by ritrebor

Got some new wheels & tires from a Hybred member.

ritrebor

Are you running stock suspension?

Finished the dash repair and adding autometer gauges.

ritrebor

wow that dash looks awesome. What materials did you use to do the repair?

Finally finished my dash. Also installed the gauges and switches.

I used this post in reparing the dash.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?showtopic=57194

One trick that I learned the hard way was to only use about 6 screws to screw the foam to the steel frame. It kept cracking after I painted it. Did it about 10 times before I figured it out. Hasn't cracked in about 6 months.

The red and amber switches in the center is for my electric fan and electric fuel pump. The other 2 on the left side are extras that I haven't found a use for yet.

ritrebor

post-6866-1270699329726_thumb.jpg

post-6866-12706993983195_thumb.jpg

post-6866-12706996504924_thumb.jpg

post-6866-12706996968979_thumb.jpg

Edited by ritrebor