HybridZ

Coil overs KSPORT on ebay !

Except that KSport shocks suck. Not two shocks have the same valving and the adjusters do nothing. Do a Google search on "ksport dyno" and you'll find dozens of shock dyno graphs showing how silly the valving is.

EDIT: here's just one thread of many - http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/k-sport-coilovers/12280/page1/

Edited by johnc

• 4 weeks later...

yea, i have personally looked into them and have call to find more info. Just like any front 280zx setup you have to cut and weld. like mentioned above, they are not the greatest of products but do get the job done if the job was to just lower the car on coilovers. Very popular for basic suspension upgrades since the price is affordable.

i actually get them a little cheaper from a local shop if anyone wants a set of ksport or d2 racing since both are made from the same factory so both recently added it to their site. Custom order 10 business days from overseas to anywhere in the states

IMO your way better off with some sort of 5 way shock and ground control (or whoever) coilovers. I had megan coils on my 240sx which are ksport equivalent. I wasn't all that happy with them. Ride quality was crap for one. Build quality was good, but I knew the shock valving was all jacked up as was mentioned before.

Interesting! i had seen these on ebay a few days ago and stared in AWE. So not really that great, Good to know. i have Tokico illuminas with suspension Technique Springs and they have been good so far. Besides the illuminas what else out there would most of you say is good? Tokico blues seem to be popular.

Well i know the seem not to be the greatest in qaulity or valving.. but then i wonder how good the tockicos would be..

The alternative would be revalved and shortened Koni's orso to your personal specifications.

Illuminas a great for street use .. but on track they are nor good to avarange...

And for the prize of a KSport (or DC/BC or all other same set ups with a diffrent brand name) we cant complain. They are not Intrax or Reigers, they run 1500 a corner and up.

For the prize at least they are a good alternative over the Tokico's. Hence there is not much more to buy stateside..

ANd yes you read hhorror about them blowing etc .. but i guess allot has to do with going to low and bottoming out the tube, any strut would be dumster ready after some encounters with the bottom valve..

Basically Ksport is the SSautochrome of struts... you can get lucky, they are decent.. but far from perfect....