HybridZ

240z rhd

Well yeah i never like to half ass anything, you know if you going to do something you have to do it all the way, go hard or go home!

but no i have welding experience and i did my friends RHD integra

im still thinking about it, either i do the convserion and spend money im saving for a swap or just wait until i have enough for a sr or 2j

Curious where someone has a fairlady clip for $300?

Ive got one listed for $450 picked up $500 dropped off within 100 miles.

As far as installing this into a LHD car goes,

To do it right you will need to do major surgery to your car.

Drill out the spot welds that hold the "A" pillars from the door column hinge mounts and Dash/Cowl is a starting point. Then drill out the spot welds to remove the rocker from the firewall/floor pan extension and the door column hinge mount. The firewall can is spot welded to the floor pans across and over the trans tunnel. Then you will need to decide which set of frame rails to use and work from there. You will have to double this work on the donor clip to make it fit like a neat jig saw puzzle.

It is important you keep in mind that the body will be weakened during all this removal and welding. You will most likely need to build a jig to keep it straight. You will also have form that jig that centers the EMPTY front cross member in the car where it currently is to keep the car straight and so it has a good alignment.

The inner fender wells are similar to LHD stuff but are enough different that you might as well just use these ones. Bumper mounts are almost identical to 240Z(not sure there is a difference, but definitely not 260 or 280). Radiator support is like a 280Z. The door hinge column areas are mirrored from the LHD stuff so if you want to use the RHD harness, which you need to do to fit the RHD stuff, then you need to incorporate those as well. There will be some lead filler clean up when your done around the bottom of the "A" pillars. That's just the body stuff. Then you need to figure out if you got all the RHD parts to fit the clip.

Hope that doesnt discourage you. If you like to do projects like this for fun(like me), then you should like this. Its definitely a HARD on the easy-hard scale.

Ray

well as far as cops go i daily drive my 73 fairlady z currently and have not gtten any problems with cops actually the exact opposite i have had a police officer stop just to tell me badass car and snap a quick picture of it and im 20 years old so if they would harrass anyone trust me i would be the perfect target if you have the know how and time to do it i say go for it

Check out Chelle's 250 GTO replica. Aside from the body kit, the BMW V12 install, the 4" stretch between the windshield and the front tires, she also swapped it from LHD to RHD.

Carefull if she tells you it was no big deal though. I suppose after all that other work the swap from LD to RD was probably a walk in the park for her.

O_O

How about you try some periods some time, 73 Driver?

Not sure but would these help for the lack of periods????

menses-preparation-tampax.jpg

:mrgreen:

I think he was just talking way to fast and had no time for pausing from phrase to phrase........?

Sorry all for the low blow but I couldn't help but thinking with that side of the brain.