HybridZ

Rb oil pan mods

motoman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well I been at work so I will get back on this wed. I have a new drill and bits now so I will do the usual on the block. Now I need to know what all I need to get this sucker up to at least 400 hp. I am getting a Holset hx40 Turbo, 550 injectors, FMIC, greddy style intake, dual exhaust with 5 inch tips coming from a 3 inch down/mid pipe, running nistune with a z32 maf and a Q45 throttle.

Oh well I been at work so I will get back on this wed. I have a new drill and bits now so I will do the usual on the block. Now I need to know what all I need to get this sucker up to at least 400 hp. I am getting a Holset hx40 Turbo, 550 injectors, FMIC, greddy style intake, dual exhaust with 5 inch tips coming from a 3 inch down/mid pipe, running nistune with a z32 maf and a Q45 throttle.

That's easily answered with SAU thread perusal. They have stickies for dyno numbers including setup info. 400 whp or 400 crank hp? Straight HX40 is going to be laggy.

Yeah I trying to beat a M3 that this jerk friend of mine has. He says no chance of me doing it with a RB25 without doing internal work. So Im just looking for the best route to 400+ wheel horsepower. Also would a hx35 be a better choice than a hx40

M3 friend is wrong. They are nice, but one of the favourite cars to stomp, just because of some of the drivers have that 'nose in the air attitude'. It also depends on which year of M3 he has. Has he done any work? How heavy is your car? You should have a substantial weight advantage.

HX35 would be a better choice, but an HX35/40 hybrid (IMHO) would be even better. You also have to be aware of which hotside you have, as the Holsets come with a large variety of hotsides. The Holsets are individually balanced, so you can take the compressor wheel and compressor cover from an HX40 and bolt it right on without any balancing or indexing. :icon6: Search youtube for an RB25 HX35/40 spool level example. I have a 35 but intend to eventually get a hybrid when I get EMS figured out.

On one of the threads (I think it was on HZ), I posted an application chart for Holsets. I think it was a sticky.