HybridZ

Just Made Down Payment :)

Yes Sir, and I got a great sign from the car gods

Ended up selling a bunch of little stuff on Craigslist that had been sitting, So with the extra money i got out of nowhere, i went to Sears to check out a tool kit i been drooling over. Turns out it will still on sale since columbus day, and it was the last day, so I decided to just do it (and not care about my gf yelling at me about it haha) and what happens? As the transaction is going through, big pop up window comes on the screen and tells me im an instant winner and got a 50 dollar gift card on the spot! Ended up getting more extensions and U joints, even though the kit had the extensions, i wanted the U joints, and I got spark plug sockets, the kit came with 2 of them as well but the other 2 were metric and i just wanted to have. But yea, AWESOME

Its the craftsmen 260 piece mechanic tool set :)

Hey man, did the car arrive yet?

Joe

Should be here this Friday or Saturday and you are more than welcome to come hang out all weekend as i get to cleaning her up. Got an angle grinder? and Metal bush attachment, want to make engine bay immaculate to primer and paint :)

I would also focus alot on the underside of the car.... we get some really bad stuff in Texas.

I was thinking about that, whats my best bet? taking the angle grinder with metal wire attachment and just like...strip the entire bottom of the car then repaint with rust preventive coatings.

It may be difficult to do that without a lift....or a sand blaster haha

Negligence,

Get yourself some 3 ton jack stands and a 3 ton floorjack, Harbour Freight, or Northern Tool are good places if you have one close. you can raise the car very highand it will be stable so you can safely work under it.

I just purchased this sand blaster attachment from Home Depot and it works well for 10.00.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?id=100008764&jspStoreDir=hdus&catalogId=10053&marketID=401&productId=100008764&locStoreNum=8125&langId=-1&linktype=product&storeId=10051&ddkey=THDSiteMap

Close Window

[/b]:openFeatureFlex('http://fp.vendaria.com/vpop/VpopViewer.html?uid=100008764&iid=AddpfzvImumvmKvJJIIKfwKILumLKv&bg=FFFFFF&nm=BZOpener&err=0&title=&pf=t&fr=t','','587','632',true,false,false,false,false,false);"]d6d20bbb-b537-4798-aced-4af7d439695c_300.jpg

You simply insert the pipe end into a bag or container of Media (Play Sand) and go to town...

I do suggest you buy a shoulder hood, as the sand gets everywhere...

Hope it helps.

John

I actually used to own that thing, gave it to my friend who i sold my air compressor last year. I need to buy a new air compressor and get that i suppose.

As for the jackstands and Jack, i have all that :) when i said lift i meant like real car lift, mostly cause i dont want to get sand all over myself haha.

...and i am fortunate, their is a harbor freight about 10 minutes from me as well. Prob getting an engine stand/hoist from them eventually

I guess it depends on where in Tx the car lived it's life. My Ls car spent it's life in Tx and had zero rust on it until it left for the east coast. There is a cost to having a car live in such a dry place and that is the sun beats the crap out of all rubber and interior pieces. My dash was nonexistent, all of the weatherstripping was cracked with sections missing and the carpet was bleached tan! That said, I'll take it that way over rust anyday :)

Joe

Negligence I gotta go with EvilZ and check out the car! Did you go to TX to check the car out?

I did not, but he sent me pics of underbody of the car up and down and was straight forward with the whole process and is a well known guy on the forum. I have faith haha

...and yea man, the more the merrier, as long as you promise to lend a hand when we get a donor car and need to rip that thing apart :)

I did not, but he sent me pics of underbody of the car up and down and was straight forward with the whole process and is a well known guy on the forum. I have faith haha

...and yea man, the more the merrier, as long as you promise to lend a hand when we get a donor car and need to rip that thing apart :)

Lol I'm looking for a parts car too...What do you need from a donor car?

Update on the car - Poor communication from trucking company = possibility i dont get till next week :/ If im lucky, there will still be a spot left on the truck today in the AM and it can go today, if not, its not getting picked up till Friday meaning it will be here middle of next week.

I doubt It will, but if it does get picked up today from Dallas, and the driver is only allowed to do like 10 hours a day or so, do you think it will even be here by sunday?