HybridZ

240z adjustable ride height

First time Ive seen this kinda of lowering springs this for the s30 (seen it on other cars). Is it a listing mistake or? Any benefits? Downsides? Def. caught my attention.

And yes i am looking for suspension for....could it be.....another z car???? :flamedevi

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240Z-Tokico-HP-Struts-Adjustable-Springs-Set_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca6ad28aeQQitemZ260494403758QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

That is a coilover set-up. Not a bad way to go if you do not plan to section. I think you would have to remove the lower spring perch.

I would wanna know what the spring rates are.

Looks like shocks and this kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racing-Dual-Coil-overs-Coilovers-DATSUN-240Z-70-74-NEW_W0QQitemZ390108170342QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5ad4424866

Looks a lot like a Weapon*R produced kit I ran years ago on my B13 Sentra. The spring rates on both the main and helper springs are likely unknown and generic across the board as far as other applications. My setup handled well, but the ride on even the most normals roads was bouncy as all hell.

i got all of this from modern-motorsport.com

i have been running this kit

coilovers_flat_small.jpg

on this control arm setup

rear-controlarm.jpg

with the tokico illumina 5-way adjustable strut inserts.

with the energy suspension bushings.

only thing about the spring kit, is that you have to disassemble the strut tubes, clean them out, clean the tube, weld on the spring perch that they provide, then reassemble. its very straight forward. only reason i decided to change the control arm is that i wanted to be able to fully set the suspension geometry according to my taste. ill tell you what, replacing that damned spindle bolt is retarded. 15 tons of pressure on a press after heating it up, bought new spindle bolts from nissan for only like 15$

Lloyd