HybridZ

HR31/Z31 Rear CV Halfshafts

Lurch2461

Are you sure the shafts are the same? I had HR31 turbo shafts in my car and they mounted to the companion flanges with 3 sets of 2 bolts and from memory have 3 ball bearings in the CVs? The Z31 turbo shafts I'm using now are the same as your pictures with 4 individual bolts and 5 bearing CVs.

Do you want to sell them and if yes, how much p[lus freight to Sydney Australia.

I need more than just one pair though, hence the question about availability.

Cheers,

Dennis in Oz

I should have thought before responding.. I'm sorry, but this is the only pair I have, and I'd rather hold on to them, plus the shipping hassle makes things worse. :redface:

Are you sure the shafts are the same? I had HR31 turbo shafts in my car and they mounted to the companion flanges with 3 sets of 2 bolts and from memory have 3 ball bearings in the CVs? The Z31 turbo shafts I'm using now are the same as your pictures with 4 individual bolts and 5 bearing CVs.
it depends on the model of R31 but yes there are some R31's with the 4 bolt CV shafts as shown above :) I know that the DR30 has the same shafts as the Z31

FYI the same Z31 shafts are also on some JDM models of the following cars

Y31 = Nissan Cedric (VG20DT, VG30D)

F31 = Nissan Leopard (VG30D-ULTIMA)

Now I did find another cross reference partnumber and it is used in the following models (again the 4 bolt version) on the RH side

C32 = Nissan Laurel (RB20DET with R200 4.11 fitted)

R31 = Nissan Skyline (RB20DT)

F31 = Nissan Leopard (VG20T.XS)

S12 = Nissan Silvia (CA18DET)

Z31 = Nissan 300ZX/Fairlady ZR1, ZR2, 300ZR

and the same partnumber used on a LH side of these models

Y31 = Nissan Cedric (VG30E.Y, VG30E.MT, S.VG30T, VG30T.BROV)

I am sure with more time alternative part numbers could be found with some research etc.

:) I know that the DR30 has the same shafts as the Z31

FYI the same Z31 shafts are also on some JDM models of the following cars

Y31 = Nissan Cedric (VG20DT, VG30D)

F31 = Nissan Leopard (VG30D-ULTIMA)

Now I did find another cross reference partnumber and it is used in the following models (again the 4 bolt version) on the RH side

C32 = Nissan Laurel (RB20DET with R200 4.11 fitted)

R31 = Nissan Skyline (RB20DT)

F31 = Nissan Leopard (VG20T.XS)

S12 = Nissan Silvia (CA18DET)

Z31 = Nissan 300ZX/Fairlady ZR1, ZR2, 300ZR

and the same partnumber used on a LH side of these models

Y31 = Nissan Cedric (VG30E.Y, VG30E.MT, S.VG30T, VG30T.BROV)

I am sure with more time alternative part numbers could be found with some research etc.

You would be mistaken saying DR30's have 4 bolt half shafts.

All of the factory DR's I have and have seen have the conventional 3 x 2 (6) bolt outer flanged half shafts.

I didn't ask the question to be told what we already knew from Japan, what they came out of doesn't increase the availability out of Japan. I have seen 3 pairs of them on yahoo in recent times and have purchased 2 of them, the other was by far, more than I was prepared to pay as with freight the item was over AU$1200.00 for the pair and I could make them in Oz for that.

Regards,

Dennis in Oz

You would be mistaken saying DR30's have 4 bolt half shafts.

All of the factory DR's I have and have seen have the conventional 3 x 2 (6) bolt outer flanged half shafts.

I didn't ask the question to be told what we already knew from Japan, what they came out of doesn't increase the availability out of Japan. I have seen 3 pairs of them on yahoo in recent times and have purchased 2 of them, the other was by far, more than I was prepared to pay as with freight the item was over AU$1200.00 for the pair and I could make them in Oz for that.

Regards,

Dennis in Oz

Cool if all DR30 come with 6 bolts I am only going by the Nissan FAST catalogues and the partnumbers that match the 4 bolt units found on other Nissans ie Z31.

FYI going by the FAST the DR30's with the FJ20 (ie pre 83 and non turbo) had the 6 bolt type and the later FJ20T powered cars have the 4 bolt type.

See attached screen shots for reference - again I am only going by the info I have at hand and trying to give you more cars to look at that might have the same axles you are looking for - again from info in the FAST (assuming you have those models in Oz :( )

4bolt_thumb.JPG

6bolt_thumb.JPG

• 2 weeks later...