HybridZ

suspension removal issue... HELP!?

Hey,

Here's my problem... I'm removing my front suspension and have everything disconnected, except the tierod. I removed the cotter pin and castle nut. However, it still wont budge. Am I missing something? I know its something stupid and I'll feel like a idiot, but I can't see what it is.

thanks in advance,

Murph'

2009-11-01 11.50.27_thumb.jpg

Don't hit the stud with a hammer, or the threads will mushroom and it won't come out, as jtburf said. The way to remove a tie rod with a hammer is to hit the STEER KNUCKLE. A ball joint separator or pickle fork will work, pickle fork will probably take out the boot so if you want to reuse you probably want the ball joint separator.

Thanks for all the advice guys... Here's the deal, I went to my friendly local autozone and borrowed a "pitman/tierod end remover" its currently (rod end 1) (remover 0) this thing is on there... I plan on replacing this stuff but Im not sure what I need to save... so far I just removed the suspension minus the strut tube bottom/steering arm. tried to take a better picture, but my camera is dead and my phone sucks.

thanks.

2009-11-01 14.49.04_thumb.jpg

Edited by vertebraille
stupididty

i had a problem with this too... how i got mine off was removing the steering knuckle from the ball joint and strut tube. Your tie rod is now able to be removed from the steering column with the steering knuckle still connected. When you have both parts off the car i took one blow with the hammer to the tie rod and damn thing popped out. I dont know why it was so easy to removed it with off the car when on the car??? use some liquid wrench or aero kroil, it'll help a lot.