HybridZ

Unisyn air flow tool

Does anyone know the trick to making this tool work. I've had two of them and have never been able to get the little float to rise no matter how it is adjusted (in our out) or what the rpm level is. I've resorted to balancing the carbs the old way (hose in the ear) but would like to know why the tool does not work. Thoughts???:(

Normally, just pressing it snugly to the carb after removing all the air cleaner shrouding and then adjusting the Unisyn throat opening by screwing it in or out does the trick at idle RPM.

Do you have a tight seal between Unisyn and carb throat?

Dennis

I do. There is a rubber seal on the tool. does it make any difference, in terms of it working, if you use mate it to the air horn of the air cleaner backing plate or the carb mouth without the plate? Seriously I've tried everything. At first I thought it was the tool so I bought another one and had the same result.

I take the air cleaner backing plate off and apply the Unisyn directly to the carb. Taking the backing plate off also makes it easier to get at the idle adjust nut on the bottom of the carb.

The factory manual shows the procedure being done with the air cleaner sheet metal off the carb.

Dennis

Years ago when I got mine it would not work no matter what I did. I took mine apart and found one of the passage ways was not drilled out all the way. So I drilled it out all the way and it has worked for the last 15 years.