HybridZ

Taurus Fan pics and dimensions

Guest bluex_v1

Guest Anonymous

Blue X, Great contribution of the dimension and photos of fan, especially for the severely computer "challenged members" like myself. I printed the info and stuffed it into the JTR manual for future reference.

Guest Anonymous

Most are using just one speed or the other. I've found its rather nice to have the other speed as backup. I mention this because Hi-speed packed it in one me, I changed the wires and went home in the heat on low speed with only minimal difference in temperature.

A computer controlled car could probably do it easily, a carbed car would require some fancy relays I think Pete had a solution for that, but its just a matter of not having both poles come on at the same time or it'll burn it up. Maybe some sort of temperature range for one and then a higher range for the other using two temp senders or something. I'm not sure what the answer is, in reality IMHO I can't see why you'd need two speeds, the cars nearly always run hot enough where high speed would probably be on all the time anyway.

I did note a guy at one of the car shows used the high speed side on a manual switch and he'd flip it on after he parked for a few minutes, how much good that did I'm not sure, but he had a 8-71 on a Mach V BBC in a 69 tubbed truck, so maybe it appreciated a bit of cooling of the water when it was shut down, or maybe it just blew some of the heat out of the engine compartment. He was barely clearing the twin holleys even with a pro stock hood on that beast though I can tell you that.

Regards,

Lone

• 1 year later...