HybridZ

My 280zx

Wash1311

Hello, I've been a member on the forum for a while. Done lots of reading but, its the first time I'm really posting. And, well, this is my ride! A 1980 10th anniversary red/black 280zx.

n25904058_34468532_8697.jpg

The car has been acting up a bit, and actually I have been thinking of selling this car. Maybe to some one who can take care of it better than I! What do you think?

Hard to see details in night photos but it looks pretty good. Cars as old as ours are always going to be something of a pain as daily drivers.

I would disagree. I seem to have had better luck with old cars. In 3 years of owning my 83, it's needed 2 batteries and and 2 alternators, which I don't consider too bad. My 91 corolla needed a water pump, a starter and a battery in 5 years, and my 2004 Element needs an exhaust manifold, diff bushings and possibly a heater core after 10 months of ownership.

Its a roll of the dice whether its new or used. We bought a new Buick Regal in 03 and its now got around 130K miles on it and outside of maintenance I've replaced a wheel speed sensor and the catalytic converter. I had a 79 280ZX 2+2 that had electrical problems that almost drove me to drinking. I've had my 280ZXT for a couple of years now with zero problems. I just try and take care of them and accept that if its mechanical it can break down.