HybridZ

RB powertrain mounting questions

WizardBlack

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drop in like this but i have the Mc kinney mounts to and i was wondering if you guys got new shorter bolts on your engine mounts or did you shim them . The original RB engine mounts were almost 3/8 thicker on the bloc side then the Mckinney and in the trans tunnel its just the "ears" of the 280z trans mount that i take off and not all the hump in their . Ill try to post pictures of what im talking about .

Thank you .

Here is what i mean you cut where the X is right . The othjer picture is to show the diffrence in thickness .

Trannymountcutoff.jpg

SDC10107.jpg

I know i read somewhere a discription of where to cut but i cant find it . Since this a thread about Mckinney mounts i though id ask here .

Thank you.

Yes, new bolts.

Yes, cut that portion off. However, those are separate pieces from the main reinforcement hoop. Just grind the stitch welds (on the fore and aft sides) and drill out the spot welds (some above the bolt flange and some below) and they will pop off. Clean the area up really good so you can see where the welds are.

I have to notch a bit on the reinforcement hoop for the speed sensor to bolt in and have some clearance as well.

Once we have new pans we will look at the engine mounts and make the nesessary adjustments. Orginal we designed for the ZR200 oil pan and the lowest possible mounting of the engine. Rips pan is a great pan but bigger in the front than the ZR pan. Hope to have first aluminum pan in 2 weeks.

Once we have new pans we will look at the engine mounts and make the nesessary adjustments. Orginal we designed for the ZR200 oil pan and the lowest possible mounting of the engine. Rips pan is a great pan but bigger in the front than the ZR pan. Hope to have first aluminum pan in 2 weeks.

keep us posted :mrgreen:

Ive put a mark on my calendar for that !