HybridZ

Lets see your other Toys/Money pits.

CJBrian

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, at ours they just sell the rifle, nothing else.Why do they have so many i have seen them in there for years?

Just like the AK-47 the Russians made millions of Nagants.

By the end of the wwII, approximately 17.4 million M91/30 rifles(like mine) had been produced. And the russians used them till the 60's. I got friends in the military that find Iraqi's using them today.

To date its said there have been 37 million made just in Russia not including the USA, Finland, Poland, China, Hungary, Romania, and Czechoslovakia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin_nagant

Mine looks like it has been fired but the bayonet looks unused. Mine is arsenal refinished. I wasnt looking for a collector piece just something inexpensive to mess around with. Im actually thinking of tearing mine down and refinishing the stock. Heres another option for the stock.

The Big 5 nagants usually are poor to fair condition. I think I got a very fair looking one.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MGR341-1.html

DITTO-

Bob you are not alone-

My Current Money Pit...

It doesn't even need a garage and is sure to take more of your money in the event it feels that you have yet to contribute your yearly 6.5million dollars.

entrance.gif

You go to IU? Why didn't I know this? We should go for a cruise once it thaws up here.

2008 yamaha superjet

8mm power valve lamey engine and spare race engine

IMG_3274.jpg

What could have been but never happened

super1.jpg

One weird ass china ped with a reed valve conversion and extra ports , pipe you name it

I build it but dont want to ride it

It hurts to much

DSC00099-1.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

2006 yamaha aerox

moped racing

Guy on the bike behind didnt seem to be as happy i was when I got pole in qualifying

wax-racing.jpg

2008 yamaha superjet

8mm power valve lamey engine and spare race engine

IMG_3274.jpg

One weird ass china ped with a reed valve conversion and extra ports , pipe you name it

I build it but dont want to ride it

It hurts to much

DSC00099-1.jpg

Nice Superjet motors.

Heres mine.

superjet010.jpg

superjet014.jpg

So who made the reed conversion for the Ped? I use to help out at a GO-ped shop my friend owned PSWS Racing and he built some fast motors including reed conversions.

Originally Posted by zdmz

Thank you!

It is a 68.

So whats the plan? Stock restore or more!!

I like the look of Camaro's on there stock form so the body will stay stock - the engine in it is a freshly built chevy 350 and is pretty strong. That will remain until it wears out (or blows up).

Right now I am working out what to do with the suspension - I want to upgrade it but there are so many options that it is hard to decide. The brakes are another area that has lots of options. I've only had the car for about 2 months and I still have a lot of learning to do about it.

I think it will eventually morph into a pro touring vehicle.

I am not concerned about resale value or being original, they made a truckload of these things, especially compared to z cars, and mine is nothing special. It is not an SS, RS or Z28 so there is no need to keep it original.

Thanks for the comment about the superjet engines

Its a part time business of mine building free ride engines for superjets

I ended up selling my SJ because I cracked the hull from surf riding in Oceanside. No one rides stand-ups in California anymore. They havent sold new stand-ups in Ca in 10 years at least.