HybridZ

it must blow harder!

David K

hey i am fighting with the moisture to keep the inside of my windows dry and clear when it rains and when it is cold. the stock blower motor for the air system just really sucks. it never blows hard enough, so my inside windows are always wet. is there another blower motor i can use in my 79? ive heard something about honda motors, but i didnt follow up on that.

just like any other motor, i would like to see someone work a huge blower motor into their setup, like a caddy blower or something like that, i got no issues with my blower, sf climate is too mild for it-do wish defrost was a little faster though.

David,

I hate to say it but the ZX air conditioning system "blows" J/J anyway. I've been slowly think about this for several years and noticed that the motor itself actally blows real hard its the piping in the car the is no good :( . One thing that I did this last summer was to replace all the foam that prevents leaks from cooling or heating the inside of the dash. If you take the glove box and 3 gauges out from the dash you should have reasonable access to the main parts of the ducting system. Get some foam backed tape and some black duct tape and go to town. I found that alot of my air was just going out small leaks where the ducting connected. I did this and it made a huge differnce in the amount of air that I get out of the dash with the air c. on rockon.gif . Really made the Dallas summer bearable. Wish I had taken some pics but, you can moddify the main deflector to provide more air for you. The car has been sitting since summer so the heat is still on hold for me so far. Let me know if it works for you.

Guest De Schmaydee

......duct-taped mine..still dont blow incredibly well...mine used to be like your's...i found a couple of holes and patched 'em and it's a whole lot better.....s

Guest greimann

I carry anti-fog for the inside of the windows just for this purpose. Of course I don't really drive it in the rain anymore either. When my AC worked, that was the ticket to dry the air out, but who has original working AC?

Guest 26ounce

Heres some info on the Honda blower...

"Since my post about 240Z A/C, many people have contacted me about the details of my A/C system, especially the blower motor. I am using a blower motor / cage from an '88 Civic hatchback. It is a drop-in replacement! Three screws, two wires, and you're done. No cutting, no drilling. The holes on the backing plate are a little bigger compared to the 240Z, which I compensated for with rubber washers from a hardware store. The Honda blower motor is cosmetically different - satin black finish mounting plate, and bare metal motor housing. Could be painted flat black to look stock.

At the junkyard, I found several different late '80's and early '90's Hondas that use the same motor, but I just happened to pull one from an '88 Civic Hatchback.

You can also get the fan resistor from the Civic if your's is

shot.

The 280Z 160W blower motor is also an upgrade for the 240

blower, if and only if you swap the cages. The Civic blower motor / cage is favorable because it fits perfect, and performs a little better than the 280Z motor. Much better than the

240 blower.

Sean

73 240Z

Tucson, AZ"

• 3 years later...