HybridZ

Coilover damage, any ideas why?

Andy...I did not do any of the mods on this car this is just the way she came to me, so as far as why the springs sit where they do its just a result of the sum of the parts i guess..as far as suspension travel i can let you know when the car is off the stands. Pictures? I have a few...

CIMG3122 copy_thumb.jpg

CIMG3123 copy_thumb.jpg

CIMG3124 copy_thumb.jpg

CIMG3129_thumb.jpg

19358_thumb.attach

I had a thought, maybe someone could chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

I know some people use 8" springs on the front, would this help with the rubbing?

Less spring would equal less deflection, which then would decrease the chance for rubbing.

Are there any disadvantages to using a smaller spring of the same weight?

• 3 months later...

Spoke to GC today and they agree with the camber plate tops would help the issue. Also another "fix" is running shorter collars. Do you susp experts agree with that? I am thinking I am never going to use the top four inches or so of the collar so do I really need it there? GC will sell you collars in whatever length you want. They normally ship with 6 inch collars...so I got them. If it is a good idea to cut them down some then I will. Again, the shearing of the top of the collars do not damage the car or handling at all.