HybridZ

Went to dyno day today

wigenOut-S30

Im running 35 base fuel pressure. From what I was told is that in most inline 6 motors you should be able to make around the same RWHP as the CC's. Looking at my logs, Im at 90% Duty cycle so I would say Im close.

cheers.gifCONGRATS!!cheers.gif

Why is the base FP so low?

Time for an alky inj kit:

- Will drop your IATs down probably 90*, which will be good for about 9% increase in power

- You can safely crank the boost up to 22psi

- Avoids running the injs on the ragged edge

- Pays for itself by not having to buy $8/gal race gas.

Swap out he 3.70s for 3.54s and let the engine run under more load. that should be a cheap enough swap.

BTW, Brad makes a good point about the shift point. No point in pushing the RPMs if the torque is falling way off.

cheers.gifCONGRATS!!cheers.gif

Why is the base FP so low?

Time for an alky inj kit:

- Will drop your IATs down probably 90*, which will be good for about 9% increase in power

- You can safely crank the boost up to 22psi

- Avoids running the injs on the ragged edge

- Pays for itself by not having to buy $8/gal race gas.

Just running a factory nissan FPR at the moment.(need to get a adjustable one) Yeah I do plan on running a meth kit pretty soon, at least before summer rolls around. My goal was to get around 380-400 on a pump gas tune and run in the 11's and have a car I can auto X and road race. I think with my current setup It does really great! Future plans include a meth kit, and just cleaning up and doing body work and enjoying it! I have the 3.70LSD from the 88 Z31 turbo. I would love to swap it out to a 3.54 but thought it couldn't be done so easily? Yeah brad has a good point there for sure and plan on testing it out next time at the track. 1st and 2nd gears are over so quick but will do it for 3rd and 4th!

Thanks again everyone for you comments! Rick I couldn't have got where I am with out you buddy! Thank you!.. Scottie, that goes to you too and I hope to make it down to FL again and catch up with yall someday.

Um.... I have a 3.54 open R200 in my 86 Z31 Turbo

upon check in some of my bookmarks there seams to be some discrepency. Some show all Z31 to have 3.7s some show Z31 to have 3.54s also. However I have never pulled anything but a 3.7 out of the 50 or so Z31s that I have had.

• 1 month later...
upon check in some of my bookmarks there seams to be some discrepency. Some show all Z31 to have 3.7s some show Z31 to have 3.54s also. However I have never pulled anything but a 3.7 out of the 50 or so Z31s that I have had.

http://az-zbum.com/information.differential.shtml

84-87 NA = 3.7:1 open

88-89 NA = 3.9:1 open

84-86 T = 3.54:1 open

87-89 T = 3.7:1 clutch LSD *

88SS = 3.7:1 viscous LSD