HybridZ

Think I found my Z!

I know that with classic cars it comes down to "whats it worth to you?" But I thought I would throw this out here to a group of enthusiasts and get your opinions.

The car is a 72, and has no rust. New paint in the last couple of years. 75K original miles. I found it by putting up a want ad and the guy called me up locally. Anyways I have seen all kinds of pricing on z's so far, and honestly I am going to make it a Hybrid Z anyway, but what do you think a fair price range would be based on these images? I plan to go up tomorrow and make an offer/ drive her home.

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

ok, since I saw the post, I think 7k is a bit high, unless it is really rust free (Its not, they never are, unless it was a bare metal resto. I would really think, with my experience with the number of z's Ive seen for sale, I saw a 1970 240z that was auto for 2000. I saw a 1978 280z one owner 58k original miles, auto, for 5800. This car really was the cleanest z I had ever seen. garage kept since 78.

The BIG items make the difference.

Rust?

Paint?

Salvageable Bumpers?

Accident history?

Dash Cracked or Drilled?

Seats Ripped?

Electrical System Tampered?

Running?

Gauges all work?

Clean/Uncracked interior panels and center console?

If all of those check out...then I would say 6K-8K is a fair value for a normal wear and tear car of 75K miles.

Is it really rust free? Makes me wonder seeing that it's parked outside with a cover over the top in snow...

It's a constant struggle keeping these babies rust free unless you live in a very hot climate with no humidity, which this one is clearly not living in.

My '72 originally came from California but spent most of its life in the desert. It is as rust free as they come, same color and wheels as the one your looking at. Now it never sees the morning dew, let alone any rain.

There were about 40,000 more miles on mine. The PO gave the car a good general resto for almost all of the wear components and a new suspension, 2.4L engine with an AZC manifold and a Holley carb. Badly cracked dash. I paid just over $5k.

I would check closely for all the usual rust areas (review them on this forum), oil leaks, and run a compression test. Price would probably be between $3k to $5k depending on the outcome.

If there is minimal rust you can't go too wrong. Buy it and get it into a garage. The few Z's that are still rust free deserve good homes.