HybridZ

Going to Boston on Tuesday tell me some nice cheap places to eat

josh817

And to play tourist... Cheap is under eh... $15 per meal I'd say with a drink.

Here is my schedule:

-Leave Tuesday Jan. 5 in the morning, arrive in Boston around 10 AM or so.

-Stay overnight at the Omni Hotel which is on School street (take subway from airport to State Street station and walk the one block

-Wednesday take the train to Providence, Rhode Island to stay with family, go skiing blah blah

-Go to Bristol, Rhode Island to stay with my grandma and probably go check out New Port while I'm at it. I think Mom's old school is over there on the cliffs.

-Train back to Boston Monday Jan. 11 around noon, play more tourist, stay the night to jump the subway back to the airport and leave on Tuesday Jan. 12

Whats disgustingly exciting about this trip is its my first without parents. I didn't want to go by myself and my sister couldn't come so I'm bringing a friend. This means 2 nights in Boston with hotel to ourselves plus family said we can use their car if we wanted to when we get to Rhode Island.

Because of the Omni's brilliant location (right across the street from that cemetery with like Benjamin Franklin in it or something, its raised up like 2 feet from the side walk...) it makes my life way easy. Its not my first time in Boston but its been a couple of years. I don't know if I go across the bay (Cambridge area) if there is anything or what. I think last time I went I only lurked around the big long dining halls where the Cheers restaurant is and along the water front.

Not old enough for any taverns or bars so that's a no go. Give me a list of things to do and places to feast because this trip was basically my birthday and Christmas present, well the airline ticket was, I'm paying for the hotel, food, skiing, train junk. Figured I'd spend some money on something other than Datsun. :)

Lot of Really cool history in Boston.

Probably one of the strangest, coolest cities in the east that I visited. The history is stunning! Imagine, looking upon one of the founding fathers of this great nation!!!

The road system, well, only the cows know.;)

You can check out http://www.neaq.org the new england aquarium and http://www.mos.org the museum of science, both are cool and both have imax omnitheaters. Everything in Boston is close so you don't have to go far. You can take the nations first subway system wherever you want, check out the Harvard and MIT and Northeastern and Tufts and B.U. and B.C. girls. You can go to Newbury St. and look at the beautiful rich people and order $120 steaks. !!!:rolleyes: Have Fun!!!

Salve Regina University in Newport, Rhode Island where my mom went has tons of girls. Like 60 or 70% are females, but probably nuns.

Chris and I will go to Newport! Nuns here we come! Haha

EDIT:

Hahahaha I just checked on that Newbury Street and one block over thers Common Wealth Street. Ironic! I thought the beautiful rich needed more than a block to separate them from the common man.

Cheap food in Boston???

Where!? Al's South Street/State street Cafes have huge sandwiches for short money. Great quality stuff too. The Small is 10" and is under $6. The large is Obsurd and is $7.50. Sam La Grassas is the best sandwich place in town tho. Get the Rumanian Pastrami... trust me. But those are like $10 ea.

If you are from Texas you won't like the BBQ here, so don't bother. The pizza is the best in the North End. You can get there by foot from Haymarket.

Funny you chose the Omni Parker House if you are on a budget. That place is BALLER. If you get time the Beantown Pub around the corner is a fun night spot w/pool tables etc.

If you want a burrito that will rival the Mexican food available in Texas, go to Andale on Summer st. Order the Chicken Mole or the Carnitas. They have the best Carnitas in the state. looking at about $6-8 per burrito depending on wether or not you get Sour cream and Guac.

Lol I'm over in Providence, RI right now, just left Boston. The Omni Hotel treated us like kings and kissed our ass so much it was annoying. We went to some little pizza place in the North End, right down the street from Mikes Pastries.

We are baffled by how many attractive women are in Boston.