HybridZ

Speedhut El Glo install...pics

Konish

Install took 2 days in my parking spot outside my house...limited by daylight.

Anyway, removing gauges from the Z is really meant for masochistic, contortionist, dwarves...seriously I felt like I was in a mine for most of the install and working blind for some of it too.

Oh, and the edges of both the dash gauge holes and the lower edges are *razor* sharp.

Anyway...

a1da2f3b.jpg

fd71bd8b.jpg

2c6f2beb.jpg

5ccd3781.jpg

45159238.jpg

Installed:

5eb81644.jpg

The aftermath:

67c4d5b4.jpg

The pic doesn't quite do justice to the extent and other hand is worse. Was it worth it? For sure. Would I *ever* get back under that freakin' dash ever again...no friggin way.

R/

Dustin

From what I can tell, all the orders are custom prints because of the variations they offer on their website. In other words, I think they make them as they are ordered.

Did you visit their website before e-mailing them? Price and ordering details are on this link:

http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_dial_description-auto-Datsun-auto_number-480.htm

Fast turn-around on these too!

From what I can tell, all the orders are custom prints because of the variations they offer on their website. In other words, I think they make them as they are ordered.

Did you visit their website before e-mailing them? Price and ordering details are on this link:

http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_dial_description-auto-Datsun-auto_number-480.htm

Fast turn-around on these too!

thanks!

i just ordered mine last night... i ordered the reverse el glow for my set up. I couldnt find the custom mudule where you design, but i spoke with a rep and she sent me the link finding them... They should be here in about 3 days. My dash is out of the car... hopefully that makes it easier to install.

Sweet Jesus that's bright!

Are you still running the stock instrument mechanical with these too?

Yes, they are almost ridonkulously bright. At full bright even during the day, they are easily seen.

I'm not running the stock bulbs anymore, but if you're asking about the stock internals, then yes, I am running them.

The look different because ironically enough I had to paint the needles bright red so I could see them against the white faces during the day.

Of course, once the dials are lit off, they silhouette everything so the needles appear black at night.

The more I drive with them, the more I like them.

R/

D

The dials can be dimmed. Actually, at first, it looked as though full "low" was really "off", but at night you can definitely see a soft glow coming off the dials.

The upgrade was a much smaller dimmer/color switch housing...pretty sleek compared to the stock box that come with the regular kit and quite a bit smaller too from what I could tell.

The dials can either be green or blue via a selector switch on the dimmer box. Don't get too excited, they aren't dramatically different in color, but you can tell the green from the blue. However, it's either/or with the switch...in other words, you can't vary the shades between the default green and blue.

Time heals all wounds and I would say that knowing what I know now, I would still install the gauges again and it would be MUCH easier. However, if you attempt this, don't go into it thinking it'll be a super-easy install. It's not hard per se, more of a pain in the ass grind to get it done.

R/

Dustin