HybridZ

Hatch weatherstrip question

Wilson_WWSC

So I bought the hatch weatherstrip pieces from Black Dragon: the piece that goes on the inside of the hatch, the piece that goes on the top middle outer part, and the two that go down the outer side. My hatch did not close flush with the body before, and I never tried adjusting it, but now it closes with about a half centimeter gap. It closes, but it looks shamefully ugly. Do I need to heat this weatherstrip up and wait for it fix itself or what? Im starting to regret my purchase of this weatherstrip kit because I ended up buying some Kia Sportage door strips anyways.

Weatherstripping this car is SO frustrating. I think doing body work was more fun, and a LOT cheaper.

Oh yea, for those of you who think you are doing some productive by saying "go search," don't say anything unless you can actually help me. I've searcehd, but only come up with some tips for the doors. Any genuine tips about adjusting the hatch and weatherstrip is appreciated.

i just recently installed my rear hatch black dragon auto weatherstripping. The rear fit fine for me? i know the doors are the problem area for the car, i have to re-do mine.

If it's not too muhc trouble, can you post some pics? I'm pretty sure I've got the weatherstripping on correctly, but you never know.

I don't have the same weatherstripping as you do on my rear hatch but I did use an aftermarket one and it also didn't fit perfectly.I would recommend you take off the weatherstripping you have on the car now and adjust the hatch to the gap and fit you want (with the weatherstrip off)and than like myself what I did was I bent the sheetmetal either up or down with the weatherstripping off and using a big plier,takes a little time and patience also decide if you want to keep everything original or you don't mind bending your sheetmetal and put back the rubberstrip and check it.Until your satisfied remove and bend the metal either way until fit perfectly.It worked for me.Goodluck

Same problem with my weatherstripping, doors and hatch. Hated to do it but after weeks of playing with the doors I went to autozone and used their weatherstripping. Not perfect but I can now open and close my doors with one hand. On the hatch I don't know yet, but I'm thinking autozone.

• 2 weeks later...