HybridZ

Ken Block defects to Ford

chris stiles

block_subaru.jpg

Ken Block defects to Ford. Pastrana soars into New Year.

Ryan Douthit, Driving Sports TV

Update 1-11-10:

Ken Block - The Car, The Team and responding to critical Subaru fans.

Update 1-12-10:

Ken Block - Challenges in 2010, WRC Readiness.

Watch Pastrana discuss his jump and more on Block.

View official NASIOC Ken Block to Ford Thread

Travis Pastrana Big Jump Thread

Just catching up after surviving yet another New Year's. Hope everyone had a safe holiday. If the first week is any indicator, it's going to be an amazing year for Subaru, Rally and, well, everyone.

Travis Pastrana started the New Year by marginalizing Ken Block's Stunt Junkies 170ft jump from just a few years back. Pastrana rocked his STI 269-feet over water and into the record books. The way these guys work it was only a matter of time before Block one-upped Pastrana. Nobody thought Block's jump would be a business one -- to Ford.

Whether or not you like the idea, Ken Block's move to Ford is the best thing that could happen to rally in the USA. We've been covering the sport since 2003 and every year was going to be "The Year" that Rally takes off in America. Well, 2010 is finally that year. (Just too bad for Subaru that it involved one of their stars defecting.) Sucks for Subaru fans that the next Gymkhana video will be Ken rockin' a Ford Fiesta. (Yes, that's confirmed.)

On a side note: Ken's deal with Ford is a multi-year program. The goal is to get Block into the upper rungs of WRC competition. That was something Subaru simply could not offer at this time -- since they have no WRC program.

"pulled from nasioc.com"

I just can't believe he's finally leaving subaru...

He isn't in the WRC yet.. Ford will be racing in Rally America.. he will be doing some testing in the WRC and may have a guest appearance from time to time to see how he does. I believe he raced an older RWD Celica in Finland last year

Block would be one of the few and first USA drivers in the WRC.

I wish him the best and hope he does well. I'd love to see him racing in the WRC. This will hopefully be his ticket in there. I'm not opposed to Ford rally cars at all, but I have been more interested in the French cars since we do not have them here in the States anymore. However, Ford is suddenly becoming more and more interesting. :D

Davy