HybridZ

Source for aluminum drums

I'm looking for some new drums for my car and I would like to go with aluminum. It's an easy upgrade and I have no reason to upgrade to discs in the back. Also, my current drums are warped... (could it be from using the e-brake too much or too hard?)

anyway, I read that brembo discontinued their aluminum drums for us a few years ago, and there was a rumor that the beck-arnley ones are aluminum.

Can any one confirm this, or give me a source for aluminum drums at around (or less than) $100 a pop??

Can any one confirm this, or give me a source for aluminum drums at around (or less than) $100 a pop??

A couple west coast racers are working to import a load of new Brembo drums but I don't know the progress on that effort. They won't be available at the price you're asking.

• 1 year later...

Just went thru all my old cores and measured diameter left. Most are junk so I called Carquest and they said they could get (new or used/refurb?) for $89 each. I didn't get into details as I have 4 within spec extras but just a lead.

I guess I'm late to the party. I ordered a pair of drums off of rockauto.com which I've had pretty good luck with, but the drums I got were cast iron! They were the same SHAPE as the aluminum originals, only heavier.

I came here to the forums to ask 'WTF!?' but it sounds like the original ones are NLA? At least for now? Guess I'll just dramatically increase my unsprung weight for now.

:^(

-jeffrey

barteet@gmail.com

Just fyi the old brembos retailed around 450-500+ a pair for the rear aluminum drums, they have been out of circulation for about 7+ years now...i have a full set (front rotors and rear aluminum drums) that i have been holding onto for ever now...everything you can find now is cast.

Just fyi the old brembos retailed around 450-500+ a pair for the rear aluminum drums, they have been out of circulation for about 7+ years now...i have a full set (front rotors and rear aluminum drums) that i have been holding onto for ever now...everything you can find now is cast.

Up to 3 years ago you could periodically find the rear drums on Ebay for $160 a piece. It is this reason that I decided to do the rear disc conversion. Add in a new drum cylinder on each side and you are at the price of the rear disc conversion.